Chapter 47

Arjun's P.O.V.

Tanvi gifted Sanjay a car. She said it was a car that she had promised to give him when they were kids. Sanjay had obviously not taken it seriously because they were joking then but today he was shocked when he saw the car.

Her relatives, her colleagues from work and his business partners were also here. Today, she was meeting her mom for the first time after the Diwali night. Her mom barely talked to her, even though Anvi was a little hurt she masked her emotions with a smile. Oh baby, I could see right through it. She spent her time with Yash and Sonia.

As I was called by Roshan for something, I went towards him only to meet one of my business partners.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Tanvi's P.O.V.

Mom didn't acknowledge me. It didn't matter. I kept telling myself that thing. But deep down, I knew it was no point trying to convince myself.

I gulped the juice down that I had taken from the waiter and went towards the balcony inorder to enjoy the cool air. Arjun was talking to one of his business partner, that's what Sonia told me he was.

Somewhere a little further, I hear some people arguing in hushed tones. When I turned around I found my mother and the waiter who offered me the drink arguing over something. I couldn't care less, I mean that lady is always out there looking for someone to argue.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Arjun's P.O.V.

"Arjun!", I heard Yashvi call for me. When I turned around, I found her standing near the balcony with another lady whom I assumed to be my wife standing over there.

"What happened?", I asked Yashvi.

"What happened... Oh my handsome husband is here, look at that Yash, he is handsome isn't he?", Anvi drawled out as she hugged me. Over her head I saw Yashvi face palming herself.

"What happened?"

"I told you na Arjun--"

"Shhh Anvi, I'm not talking to you", I scolded her and she pouted and crossed her arms.

"You see, she's drugged, someone spiked her drink and even though I would love to hear her bullshit, I am certainly not interested in listening to how handsome you are...", She said awkwardly.

"Oh, ok, don't worry Yashvi, I'll take care of her", I said.

"Yes yes you see Yash, my handsome husband will take care of me, oh how much he adores his wife", Anvi chirped as she laid her head on my chest. Yashvi rolled her eyes before muttering good luck and going to fetch Sanjay I guess.

"Anvi, baby, why would you take drinks from strangers?"

"B-but, he was a waiter, I wouldn't know all the waiters out there", she said with a pout. I heard my phone ring.

"Yes Roshan"

"Well you see I have a situation, the same one that happened on Christmas", he said. Oh boy! Who the hell spiked their drinks.

"Roshan, my brother-in-law, you are so nice-"

"Shhh Anvi"