forty two

"hyung! it's a ball! might as well enjoy it." jaemin pouted at the lazy mark who was just sitting at the table.

"but i'm tired." mark excused. jaemin rolled his eyes, "at least interact with us."

mark sighed taking another sip of wine, "no thanks, go have fun with jeno ans renjun." jaemin crossed his arms in annoyance, "suit yourself." and with that he walked away.

the reason why mark wouldn't have fun, is because he can't find donghyuck.

yes, mark knows that donghyuck hates him but for some reason, mark still loves him.

it was like destiny.

the music of the ballroom continued on with people dancing here and there to the the soothing music.

mark looked down to the floor as he had nothing else to do, "are you alright?" a man approached him with a mask on.

mark looked up and tried to recognize the face but he couldn't because he was wearing a dark purple mask, "w-who are you?"

the man in the mask laughed, "oh sorry! i'm johnny." mark laughed along, "oh hey johnny hyung! yes i'm alright. sorry for not recognizing you there."

johnny smiled at mark, "no it's alright. everyone can't recognize anyone either."

the two then looked at the people dancing in the middle of the ballroom, mark glanced at johnny, he noticed something odd about him but he let it slide, "s-so, you wanna dance with me?" johnny asked nervously.

mark would be quite rude to say know so he nodded as he stood up and took johnny's hand.

mark happily walked to the middle of the ballroom with johnny now that he had someone to interact with.

mark found it weird though, johnny isn't the shy type of person and mark knows they're quite close because of that night so,

why was he stuttering?

"i'm sorry i couldn't keep that promise."