Just Wright (1)

Requested by @Starr35

You tapped away showing Malia how to put in a customers order on the little kiosk. You were a waitress at hooters and it was your best friend Malia's first day, so she was shadowing you.

"I seated you and Malia, Starr." One of the hostesses called out. "Okay." You yelled back.

Both of y'all walked over to a table filled with men around your age, you would say around 18-22. You were use to all types of men walking into the restaurant but one especially caught your eye. He was lightskin, curly hair, and had the cutest smile with perfect teeth.

"Hey y'all we're going to be your waitresses tonight my name is Starr, and this is Malia, she's training."

They nodded smiling, and you let Malia take over the orders. Walking back into the kitchen to grab the drinks Malia started squealing. "Bitch do you know who that lightskin was?!"

You shook your head no laughing trying to get their drinks. "Girl, that was LaMelo Ball."

Your faced scrunched, still confused. You never heard that name before. "He's a professional basketball player!" She waved her hands, fanning herself. "He's going to the NBA soon, and I'd kill to have a pro basketball player."

You shook your head laughing at your best friend. While you loved her, she was a very materialistic person. You wouldn't go as far as saying she was a gold digger but she was definitely shallow and all about status. Sometimes you wondered how y'all were such great friends, since you were totally opposite, but you guessed you balanced each other out.

Grabbing all the drinks you guys made your way back to the table, you could see them talking. The Lamelo guy, was eyeing you while the boy next to him whispered in his ear covering his mouth with his hand.

The whole night, Malia flirted with him and from what it looked like he flirted back. You were kinda bummed because you wanted him, but you were use to the boys going for her sense she was outspoken. And you didn't have the heart to tell her you wanted him, you wouldn't want to kill her dream of becoming a basketball players baby mama, no matter how shallow it may seem. Cleaning off the table they left you guys a fat tip. You looked at the receipt noticing something was written on it besides his signature.

For Starr, I didn't wanna shoot my shot in front of your friend. Text me tho xxx-xxx-xxxx.

You held the receipt to your chest, bitting your lower lip to suppress a smile. "What has you smiling?" Malia asked.

"Oh, nothing." You spoke quickly, writing the number on your arm.

Part 2 otw, i pwomise.
Make sure to vote so the book will reach more people! I think I'm #10 under the hashtag ball, let's keep it up!
-xoxo, Retro