Taehyung

I watch Jin from the shadows of my sanctuary. His body trembles, shattering apart as Namjoon and the others leave with Hoseok. Leaving him behind once again.
    I'm...unpleasantly surprised they did not fight harder to make him leave me. Is his life worth so little to them? They have to know how much he's suffering here with...and yet...they left him with me.
     It angers me actually.
    How could they not even attempt to force him to safety? What would their little Jimin think?
     I walk out to the front steps and rest my hand on my mate's shoulder. I smell blood and I know without looking he's holding back tears, biting his lips and spilling blood.
    "Do you see? They could have saved you from me, from this place. They didn't even try. They don't care for you. Not like I do."
    Clumsily, he gets to his feet and pushes past me inside. I follow him up the stairs and to the bedroom. He stands in the corner, clenching his fists and shaking. An eruption building up...
     He releases a screaming roar of pure agony, of indescribable pain. All his suppressed emotions bursting forth in one loud exclamation.
     Spinning on his heel, he launches his self at me, pummeling me with his fists and tears. Kicking and crying and slapping and punching me as I stand still as stone, awaiting the end result.
     His strength wains after much longer than I'd expected and he slides to the floor, sobbing and clutching his stomach. "It's a-all your...f-fault."
     I stare at him for a long moment before scooping him up into my arms and carrying him to the bathroom. After the tiring outburst, he seems hollow now. Nothing left inside. I don't like it.
     He doesn't protest as I strip him of his clothes and ease him into the hot bath. He doesn't lift his head or respond at all as I cleanse the wounds and cuts on his hands from attacking me.
     He doesn't acknowledge me at all.
     I don't like it.
     Once I'm done cleaning and bandaging his injuries, I place a robe around him and carry him to the bed. He sinks down and reluctantly meets my eyes at last.
     "Aren't you going to hurt me now?"
    "...do you want me to hurt you?"
    He blinks, eyes shining in the dim light. He's tired. Bone tired. I can sense it and I do know it's mostly my fault.
    "Maybe." He admits in a rushed whisper.
    Tsking, I run my fingers through his hair. "I won't."
    Defiance riles back up in his gaze. "You never do want I want."
     "I think you've hurt yourself enough for today, don't you think?"
     His lips press into a thin white line. "You aren't...mad? I figured you'd be furious by now."
    I find myself smiling. "Contrary to your own assumptions and beliefs, I like your passion and fire. Your anger and rage excites me."
    "Psycho."
    "Perhaps but...what does that make you?"
     He scowls.
    "Sleep. You've exhausted yourself enough."
    His fingers clench around the sheets. "They...really left. Me here." His words catch in his throat. "It was so easy...I mean, I expected it. Really, I did. It's just...once they had Hoseok...I was n-nothing to them."
     My eyes narrow and I lean in closer to him, staring into his eyes, his very soul. "Seokjin, there is only one person in this world that will love you and properly acknowledge you. That person is me."
     He takes a sharp breath. "Is that supposed to reassure me? It doesn't really..."
     I caress his cheek. "Maybe it doesn't but it's the truth. I've never in my life cared about anything enough to keep it to my side. You are the only exception. I don't even understand it myself but I can't deny it. You will stay by my side before it's what we both need. We only have each other—for better or worse."
     "But I hate you."
     "Yes."
     "You hurt me and you're cruel. I'm lonely with you."
     "Yes."
    He glares at me, sitting up. "Why do you just answer like that?!" 
    "Because all of that is true. What should I say?"
     With a sigh, he shakes his head. "Why am I even talking to you? It won't make me feel better." Almost pouting.
     I touch his lips. "Shall I make it better? Would you like me to beat you? Sexually abuse you? Torture you mentally? Drink from you until you're near death then bring you back only to own your body again and again as a disposable toy ?"
     His eyes are wide and his form trembles beside me. I stop and sigh. "We both know I'm not made for comforting. I will sit here and keep my hands and thoughts to myself. Will that suffice? You may complain and vent to me to your heart's content."
     "You...you'd do that?"
     "Yes. Freely speaking your mind on me today. I will listen."
     "What's wrong with you?" He tilts his head, eyeing me in shock and fear.
    I look back. "I'm not sure. Your window of opportunity is closing...."
     "Okay, okay! I'll start. Don't judge me harshly!" His eyes narrow in suspicion as he begins pouring all his grievances out on me. I hold my tongue and do as promised—listen in calm silence.
    Complaints about me.
    Pain and anger at being left behind again.
    Rage and fear at being forgotten.
    Missing Jinhyun.
    Missing affection and real love in his life.
    I take it all, absorbing it until he's content and stops. Finally having ranted it all out and the burdens removed from his shoulders.
     It's silent for a long time.
     "Aren't you going to say anything?" He demands.
     "Such as?"
     "...you can give me your complaints as well. It will make you feel better."
     I frown. Complain to him? I've never vented out my complaints to another living soul in my life. I don't know how. Wouldn't that make me weak?
     "I'm fine."
    Scoffing, he reaches out and grabs my hand, squeezing and shooting warmth inside my veins. My eyes settle into his throat and the blood thundering through his thin veins. I can taste it on my tongue.
     "You have to have something you want to complain about. I'll listen, too."
     I consider. Is there something I truly want to share with him? Something...personal and yet not too revealing...
     I open my mouth but hesitate. "I don't want to. Forget about it."
     "I won't! Tell me something. Anything!"
     "...you are very loud and talk too much. It annoys me."
     Huffing, he clicks his tongue. "No, something I don't already know."
     Rolling my eyes, I find my gaze getting trapped on the window. Staring out into the night.
     My words come out without my permission. "I...hate Namjoon."
     "I already know that."
     "Yes but you don't know why. No one knows the true reason I despise him. I hate my brother because...he received all the love and affection from our parents. I was useless. A disgrace. Hated for something out of my control. I suppose it's not Namjoon's fault, either. I take my rage out on him in place of our father—" I immediate shut up, too long realizing what I've just revealed.
     Jin's mouth is dropped open in shock and I curse. "You mean...you actually feel things like a real person?" He shakes his head. "I understand that pain all too clearly. It's the same with Jimin and I. It's always been him and never me."
     I'm embarrassed but I hide it, grasping his hand and placing a kiss on it. "The reason I chose you, Seokjin, is because I could see that same pain in you that has haunted me forever. You were never last to me. You were my first choice. Always."
     A tear slides down his cheek. "A-are you tricking me? Is this a joke?"
     I look away. "It's not. It's the truth. I just don't know how to do this. I...I...I'm sorry for hurting you but it's the only way I know how to give you affection. To me...love and pain is the same. Do you understand?"
      His eyes are alight with fresh apprehension as he nods. "I do. I think I do understand now."
     I've spoken too much. I'm going to regret this. I don't do...vulnerability.
     "Taehyung."
     "Mhm?" I can't even look at him. I'm stone.
     "Will you...hurt me right now? I want you...to hurt me. I can take it."
     My head snaps up in surprise. He stares back sure and confident. "I just told you I wouldn't—"
     "And I just gave you permission."
    What is this? This...feeling inside me right now? I don't understand anything right now. I do but I also don't want to hurt him. I want to...to...
     Not hurt him right now. Is that love?