twenty four

Draco's Dreamland

Before Draco was sucked into the war, Narcissa and Lucius quickly retreated back and went home in the safety of the Malfoy Manor.

"The Dark Lord is going to take over Hogwarts, and then the world.", Lucius announced. "You should be honoured to be part of the Deatheaters!"

Draco held his tongue, but he was definitely not feeling honoured. In fact, he knew his father's respect for Voldemort rooted from fear, not admiration, or at least not anymore.

Ever since Lucius had came back from a failed mission, he was no longer treated as the second-in-command. He was more like one of Voldemort's toy soldiers.

Draco finally realised that the Dark Lord did not see them as his right-hand man, he saw them as more of people whose value depended on the success of their previous mission.

He didn't know what to do, he could only return to his room and curled up on one of the ledges.

Draco thought about what would happen if Harry had really died. The thought of that made his heart beat vigorously and eyes water.

"No, Harry will kill him. Harry will defeat Voldemort.", Draco clenched his fists.

The sound of glass shattering caught Draco's attention. Draco immediately looked at the source of the sound, the door to his room. Lucius and Narcissa was at the entrance, side by side, and a broken cup was on the floor.

Draco immediately stood up, "F-Father."

*TW: Abuse*

Lucius' face visibly darkened, he stormed towards Draco and lifted his hand. He was about to strike Draco.

Draco shut his eyes and flinched away, preparing for an impact. It was only going to hurt for a moment, and he was used to being hit and intimidated by Lucius for his entire life anyway.

Suddenly, his left arm throbbed. Draco immediately knew what it was, the Dark Mark.

Lucius stopped and lowered his hand to pull his sleeve up. The Dark Mark was buldging and moving, a horcrux has been destroyed.

The two Malfoys knew that Nagini was defeated.

A small smile crept onto Draco's face and he tried to hide it.

Lucius seemed to have caught sight of it, as he lifted his arm and actually striked Draco at that moment. "The Dark Lord will win. Draco Lucius Malfoy, you are a Death Eater!", Lucius emphasised as he took Draco's arm and violently pulled his sleeve up to reveal his mark.

"You, a Death Eater yourself, dare to say that Harry Potter will defeat the Dark Lord? You betrayed us!", Lucius pulled out a wand. "Crucio!"

It was like lightning had just struck Draco from his head down to his spine, and spread to the rest of his body. Draco groaned out in pain and fell to the ground, he curled up as he begged for the pain to stop.

"Lucius, stop! Stop!", Narcissa begged him. However, she couldn't do anything as her wand was with Draco. Interfering will be like a death wish. Narcissa inhaled sharply and ran between the two of them.

*TW scene end*

When Narcissa wedged herself between them, Lucius dropped his arm. "Narcissa, what are you doing? Step away.", Lucius looked at Narcissa.

"Don't hurt Draco! Please!", Narcissa begged.

Lucius eyes stared at her, unwavering. "Draco needs to be taught a lesson. Step away, Narcissa.", Lucius repeated, emphasising his words.