Chapter 45

It's been almost two weeks since I last talked to Daniella and the pain I was feeling didn't seem to be getting better by the day, if anything it was getting worse.

On the first few hours, I felt anger, that quickly turned into sadness, then guilt, I shouldn't have said that and I shouldn't have run away yet upon thinking it over I knew I did the right thing and so I felt anger again, lastly, sadness.

The days have been literally dragging and although it pained me to no end I still went to all of her classes, paid attention, came in time and did my work. I tried not to look too much at her either, in fear she would notice what I'm trying to hide behind my tough front, yet from time to time I would catch her taking small glances at me and she made no effort in trying to hide it, we would make eye contact for a few seconds then she would turn her attention somewhere else, even so, I could never read her.

Daniella apart, Soph, Jenny and I have been keeping an eye on Mr Nicholls, we noticed he would wander around the sports field quite often, especially when the cheerleaders were out training, also he would visit the student council for no apparent reason other than trying to flirt with the girls, basically, this guy is a disgusting son of a bitch.

We were still trying to arrange a plan to send him off but we knew the information we had was still not enough to fire him, in our principal's standards, of course, he is a disgusting son of a bitch too.

He was still trying to make some advances on Daniella but she was still not having any of it. I was expecting her to use him to get back at me but clearly, she's not as childish as I am, or she just doesn't give a fuck about me.

And lastly, Ed. I couldn't visit him yet, simply because his visiting hours were shortened due to the surgeries he's been through recently, he could only receive them in the morning on weekdays, at that time of the day I have classes that I can't miss but he's doing great and I've been leaving him notes, hopefully, in a few days he'll be well enough and I'll be able to visit him again, I still had to give him the souvenir I got.

And so another Monday came up and I lazily rode my longboard to school, I still had plenty of time until the first bell but I've been hanging out with Jenny a lot more recently, she's a good friend, no romantic feelings involved whatsoever, my heart quite clearly only cares about a certain someone and Jenny is obviously aware of that, she's also aware that something is up but she never brings it forth which I'm thankful for.

I knock softly on the door to the student council before opening it, Soph and I have been hanging out here a lot with her, but only when the council brats are out, it was our spot to discuss our secret mission to take Mr Pedo out.

We are the Totally Spies, new version. Which is funny because somehow it fits perfectly, Soph is Alex, they have a darker skin complexion, Jenny is Clover, they're blonde and I'm Sam, we're redheads.

"Hey," I greet as I come into the room seeing Jenny and Soph hanging out in one of the sofas. "Soph never thought I'd see you so early at school."

"I thought the exact same thing," Jenny says amusedly. "But she didn't want to tell me until you were here."

"I'm here this early because I'm excited to announce something," she exclaimed clapping her hands together.

"What is it?" I ask seating beside her on the sofa. "Stop with the damn suspense."

"I have an idea!"

"Yeah, we are aware, what is it?"

"So, we're about to dive into Operation Catching the Pedo in Action, we all know he talks and looks but we haven't seen him touch, and that's what we want, we need a picture of it. And of course, we're not going to be following him for weeks until he molests a poor girl in plain eyesight so we must cause it, one of us," Soph says immediately looking at me.