18. JOY NEVER STAYS LONG

"Ragz yaar, where is that brown file? That Lady Hitler is going to eat my brain today for being late." Sanskar yelled.

"I'm here only. Why are you yelling? And when will you stop complaining like a child does about teacher? She's just your client."

"That's it! She is a client and she's should behave like that only. But she orders us as if she's the boss!"

"And you all act to be dumb?" Ragini asked handing over the file to Sanskar.

"Nope. None of the meetings till date have ended on a good note. After the meeting, her manager talks with us and makes the deal. Even then, she has to make us go through hell at first."

"Weird lady. Well, have some shame. You need me to take a file, like seriously?"

"Don't doubt. For this, I have no shame. Why should I fear, when my Ragz is here?" Sanskar said pinching Ragini's nose.

"Ohoho... You will know once I stay away from you. What will Maa say? That I made her son lazy." Ragini said dramatically making Sankar's heart sink. "And, I didn't know that the 'cool Sanky' gets irritated by a client." Ragini giggled air quoting.

"I'm a human Ragz." He pouted.

"Aww, stop being cute Sanskar." She swatted his hands.

"I'm everything, but cute." He rolled his eyes tired of saying it and glanced the clock. "OMG, Adarsh bhai is not there today. We're screwed!" Sanskar ran out the room calling out for Laksh.

Three months elapsed from the day they proposed Dr. Neha for Parineeta and today the family is expecting a tiny bundle of joy. Parineeta is three weeks pregnant. She chose to proceed even the pregnancy might have some complications. The treatment made her weak to an extent but when there is a family like hers to take care, the worries are in vain. Uttara is excited to core at the fact that someone younger than her will be coming soon.

None of the family members allowed Pari to do anything as first three months of pregnancy is declared crucial for her. The Maheswari family has gone to some function leaving Swaragini at home and Laksh and Sanskar at office.

"Laksh was rambling about that client even today. He always go mad on the day of their meetings." Swara chuckled.

"Even Sanskar was doing the same." Ragini joined her. "He was calling her 'Lady Hitler'."

"Laksh says there is no apt name for describing her"

"Swara, why don't you join Laksh to office? You can handle such brats." Ragini asked winking.

"And you being left here. You will feel trapped alone, Ragu."

"Okay, do think after bhabhi's delivery. You should chase your dreams."

"And yours?"

"You know that. I love being a bahu."

"And Biwi too." Swara teased Ragini.

"You started again?" Ragini glared Swara and shook her head with a smile.

"Someone is being shy." Swara said making Ragini again glare her. "What? It has been five months. Don't tell me your 'best friend' funda again." Swara rolled her eyes.

Ragini giggled on Swara's words. "I won't say that."

"That means? That means ... You love him? Like LOVE HIM?" Swara asked excitedly.

Ragini shook her head on Swara's excitement. "You're not going to get chocolate. Stop jumping like a kid." Swara reacted to her words by pouting. "I love him and he also loves me. But, I don't know if it is the LOVE you're saying. I mean, these five months changed the bond between us. We have come far from being friends. I feel more secure and happy around him and he also seems to enjoy my company. But we have not reached the point where we can say that we love each other like a husband and wife. I mean I think like that. I mean...."

"You're confused." Swara rolled her eyes lightly. "Ragu, I don't want to interfere both of yours relation. But make sure that you always voice your feelings. I can't give any advise to you as you are more good at it. Just listen to your heart; it will not mislead you." She said making Ragini place her hand over her own heart.

Ragini smiled heartily and the sisters shared a warm hug. "You know what I'm missing Maa a lot. I miss being her Ragu. It has been two weeks, we didn't go to Badi."

"Hmmm. Maa was sounding low yesterday. Said that Papa, Dadi and Dadaji will be going to Sawant uncle's home today."

"She and Dida will spend today like old days. What about going there tomorrow?" Ragini smiled.

"Yeah, let's go tomorrow evening. I'm also missing Baba." Swara said absent-mindedly while stirring the curry; turning off the stove.

"Even I was thinking about it. We can return by night and..."

"Swara, Ragini..."

Both looked towards the kitchen entrance to see Sanskar and Laksh standing with a gloomy, tired face.

"Seems like the Lady Hitler was on full mood today!" Ragini commented and both the girls giggled.

Sanskar and Laksh stared each other; Sanskar moved forward massaging his temples.

"Headache?" Ragini frowned. It was so unusual of Sanskar to get a headache.

"Yeah, sort of. What about we going to Badi, now?" Sanskar asked.

"It had been long since we all visited there together, no?" Laksh continued from Sanskar's words.

Swaragini's eyes and lips widen in amaze and they looked each other smiling. Their husbands have the power to read their minds?

"You fitted some cameras here?" Swara interrogated to which Laksh nodded his head in 'no'.

"What about microphone?" Ragini asked raising her eyebrows. Sanskar sighed and nodded his head.

"We were discussing about the same. Right, Ragu?" Swara said in excitement.

"Exactly. You guys wait. We will be ready in five minutes." Ragini said snapping her fingers following which the girls rushed to their rooms.

***

The silence of brothers throughout the drive infused a foreign feeling in Swara and Ragini but they chose to ignore it considering it to be the result of a hectic office day. The girls couldn't conceal their unknown excitement which came out as continuous giggles and conversations.

The couples got down the car as they reached Badi. To add to their strange feelings, Badi was silent today. A slight current of nervousness hit Ragini as well as Swara but they again chose to ignore it and brought a smile on their face. Both the sisters walked ahead their husbands to their home to find Badi slightly crowded than usual; everyone discussing something silently; something unpleasant. The smile on their faces faded slowly as each person glanced them; a sort of sympathetic glance.

On reaching the doorway of Gadhodia House, Ragini's body froze and a gasp escaped from Swara's throat in shock. Something they could never think of!

Swara brought her shivering hands over her mouth and her eyes widened in horror as tears strode down her cheeks uncontrollably. Laksh held her from behind as a support to her weak moment, closing his eyes not able to take the agony in front of his eyes. Swara took silent steps towards the hall praying to convert it into a horrible dream and slowly kneeled down in front of the bodies laid there, covered in white clothes.

Sanskar gazed at Ragini.She was still frozen. Neither her eyes water nor lips moved. She stood as ifshe is in a trance; not even breathing. He called out her as a whisper, but no reaction! Sanskar's heartbeats fastened as heplaced his hands over her shoulder. Still, no reaction! He gently shook her tobring her out of the trance while she leaned to his hands more and more, making Sanskar grab her before touching the ground.

_______________________________________

Hey guys! How are you all? I'm hoping that all are doing good. I'm also good :)

Well, please do comment how the part was. And lots of hugs to all who read, voted and commented on last part.

Do criticize the writing constructively. I'm new to this, so would love to hear how I'm doing in this.

Bye, Love you all.