Chapter Two

Y/N woke up an hour early to make sure she was fit to go into work today. Her head wasn't heavy like the day before, but her body was slightly sore, and exhausted from every movement. She was dressed, and ready for the day, but she wanted to be extra sure she was in good condition.

She switched on the TV for background noise, but the reporter was announcing Supergirl and Ravis' encounter last night.

"A thirty-five year old man was caught before an act of a potential robbery, Ravis the unknown hero calm when approaching the man and was fairly gentle, but soon Supergirl arrived, and handle any other nasty business. From witnesses in the surrounding area also stated that Ravis stopped the bullets with merely an effort, and could fly like Supergirl! Isn't that amazing?"

She dropped her hand on the counter, her mouth agape, and her mind blank. She wasn't in denial that she had that alien in her head, but she was asleep during that whole time.

I apologize for any unapproved work I have done.

The buzzing sensation was light, and barely noticeable as any pain was non-existent. She winced at the unexpected voice, but didn't want to panic as the alien had no ill-intentions.

I do not mean to interrupt your words, but I had to protect an establishment from being violated by a violent male. You did not get hurt, and your sleep was not disturbed.

"The look on Supergirl's face was priceless, she seemed like a fangirl for Ravis, no? Her face lit up to see another hero by her side! Hahaha!"

"You saved a drug store?" She said.

Yes.

"You are an alien like Supergirl?"

Yes.

"You live inside my head?"

I am a living entity in side your mind.

"That doesn't surprise me at all, but why do you need my body to host? Wouldn't you want a firemen or someone of an importance in protecting the public?"

You are a better host. A healthy female human for a female alien as myself.

"That doesn't answer my question, but okay. I need to start heading to work -- do you mind trying to not talk too much?"

If that is what you want than I shall not.

***

"Lena! I'm feeling much better than yesterday." Y/N walked into the office, her shoes clicking against the floor.

"I'm glad." She said.

"Hi!" A bubbly voice greeted.

"Oh, hello." Y/N said, feeling shy.

"Kara Danvers meet my assistant Y/N L/N. Kara is a very good friend of mine." Lena announced.

"She's also a very famous reporter of Catco!" Y/N said, cheerfully. "Uh, heh."

"I see you know her by her stature, but Kara was here to work with me on a report regarding the new hero, Ravis, as they call themselves." Lena informed.

"Did you see the news on the encounter of the new heros'?" Y/N asked. "They were fairly happy about that."

"Yeah!" Kara exclaimed. "Um, Supergirl and Ravis saved a store from being robbed."

"So I've heard, but it doesn't stop the media from accusing Ravis for being a manipulator, and intentions of killing Supergirl." Lena stated.

"She wouldn't do that!" Y/N blurted. "I mean uh, they didn't have any violent actions towards the man -- civil talking before the man used unnecessary force against the hero!"

"You're right," Kara said. "So why are they accusing something they have no proof of!"

"They just are scared of what they don't understand, but we shouldn't dwell on that too much." Lena said.

Why would they think my intentions are to kill? I am not here for such things!

"Y-yes!" Y/N said, clenching her teeth.

The emotion of the alien was the dame as frustration from a kid th At didn't understanding why they can't get a toy even when they've been good for a whole week.

I am sorry. I do not understand.

"M-may I be excused for a moment?"

Lena looked at her. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yes, I'll be right back!"

***

"Ravis!" Y/N called, walking to an empty area to talk to 'herself' in peace. "I understand this may be new to you, but you can't lash out like that!"

I am sorry.

"It's alright, later we need to talk about yourself."

Me?

"I don't know what you are, where you came from, who you are, and why you need me."

I am sorry for my lack of manners.

"For now, please keep your thoughts to yourself until we are back home."

Of course.

***

"Sorry! Just needed to use the bathroom!" Y/N lied, clearing her throat.

"Okay, well we came up with a few ideas, using Supergirl as a reference, and interviewing her opinion on the new hero." Lena said.

"If we can do that, they'll trust Supergirl's judgment!" Kara smiled.

"That's great!" Y/N exclaimed. "How are we going to get her?"

"I know her, yeah, um -- we can meet later as I know she's very busy right now!"

"Oh, alright."

"But I must be on my way, I'll see you later Lena!" Kara waved, and left the building.

"Now we need to talk, Y/N." Lena said, her tone serious. "How are you feeling, have you had any odd buzzing noises -- blackouts of any sort?"

"No, I am great! Just probably a weird bug or something."

"I trust you, but you may leave. I have some personal work I must be finished."

"Are you sure? I can always stay, and help out!" Y/N insisted.

"I'm sure, but I appreciate the offer. Now run along, and call me if you need anything."

"Yes, ma'am."