56 // A Few Extra Bucks

Harry and I had spent the majority of the rest of the day with Adele and James and his family. Harry wore a button-up shirt that looked like something a dad in his 50's would wear around tourist attractions in Hawaii. But nonetheless, he pulled it off amazingly.

Wow. Harry Styles pulling something ugly off? Shocker.

Currently, all we sat around circular tables at a little restaurant by the beach, eating lunch. Our tables were all near each other, but we didn't all sit around the same one. I ate a Caesar salad (which was absolutely incredible, might I add) while Harry munched on a sandwich next to me.

"Shit," Harry mutters, just after he had swallowed his last bite of bread.

"What?" I say. His tone of words had me all sorts of panicked, but I felt like I did a pretty good job at playing it off.

"I haven't tweeted anything for the new year," he tells me, making my heart rate slow down, "I've always tweeted on New Year's Day and I guess I just...forgot this year."

"Oh no," I say, acting scared, "you've cursed the year."

Harry opened his mouth to say something but was quickly interrupted by someone else speaking.

"How was everything?" The waiter asks us, a black, circular tray tucked under his arm. He sets down the check and smiles at Harry and me.

"Amazing," Harry says enthusiastically, beaming as the subject was changed, "thank you, Buck."

Now, I knew for a fact that Harry didn't know this waiter personally, because he did this exact same thing with the waiter at brunch the other day. For some odd reason, he found it enjoyable to read the server's name tags and would call them by their name as if they were old friends. But I didn't question it, because the childish smile on his face told me just how much he enjoyed doing it.

Buck soon walks away from our table and once he's out of sight, Harry turns to me. He begins nodding his head, pursing his lips together.

"I like Buck," Harry says approvingly. "Buck is nice."

"We better leave him a good tip then," I say as Harry opens up the small, black booklet.

"You know what," he picks up the pen, "you're right."

I peer over Harry's shoulder as he writes out the tip. My jaw couldn't help but drop all the way to the floor, seeing Harry write a 4-digit tip for Buck. He had written him a $2,020 tip, signing 'Happy New Year' on the receipt.

"Oh my God," I say, my eyes the literal size of golf balls.

"I feel you and I have had a pretty happy new year so far, I think Buck deserves one too." And with that, Harry tucks the pen back into the little holder inside the booklet along with his card, setting the check at the end of the table for Buck to come by and pick up.

Within a matter of minutes, the man was walking back over our way, a sparkle of happiness in his eye. His natural smile brightens as he approaches our table, possibly playing favorites when it came to costumers. But in all honesty, if I worked at a restaurant and Harry was a customer of mine, he'd probably be my favorite too. And there was a pretty good chance Harry was about to set the bar even higher for anyone else Buck served in the future.

I was so excited to see his reaction to Harry's very generous tip. I had to clench my bottom lip tightly between my teeth to hold back my giggles as he picked up the check. He glanced over it briefly before doing a really quick double-take. His smile softens as he looked up at Harry, his eyes glossy.

"Are you- is this for real?" Buck asks hopefully, his eyes searching Harry's face for any sign that this was a prank.

"'Course man," Harry says casually, shrugging like it was no big deal that he just gave the man over two grand.