5

It's been hours since I was last in Stefano's
office. The two guards brought me to the families estate. Almost an hour from the city.

Playing with one of her decorative pillows, I stare up at the ceiling. She's been trying to distract me best she could. And obviously noticing she's not getting through to me at all.

"Carmen, look on the bright side.." I witnessed a murder either way. I don't know if both the unknown number and the poor man who's now dead relates to one another. But there was no bright side.

"And what would that be?" I whine, hitting myself in the face with the pillow.

"I trust my brother will help you." Why would he feel the need to. Even I felt like a waste of his time. I wasn't just going to let myself die. Or even worse involve the ones I loved. It wouldn't have hurt to try, and here I am.

"You see the way he looks at me." I rolled over to face her. With accusing eyes, she bends down to throw a pillow at me.

"What.. you mean like you're the last piece of bacon?" I don't even like bacon.

"I look like bacon to you." I give her my evil eyes. "No, just.. never mind." She falls to lay beside me. Head to head, we both sigh.

"Do you think that the man searching my phone is going to find my nudes?" I ask.

Sitting up as fast as the flash. "WHAT!" Yelling into my face. I laugh loudly at her actions.

"How do you even take a nude photo? I could never." I know what you mean. It took me the hardest time. You had to get the angles right and everything.

"I don't know I guess I was just fooling around one day and took some." I reply honestly.

"Show me how to take a nude photo." The door bangs open and a younger boy with fluffy brown hair and freckled cheeks leans against it.

Giving a boyish smirk. "I'll show you babe."

"Get out, rico!" Her voices echos the room. Rolling his eyes, he walks forward.

"Come on don't be rude, introduce me to your friend!" Looking back and forth between the two of us. I can tell he enjoyed this.

"NO!" Harper starts by trying to push him out of the door. Laughing slightly, he yells out to me.

"YOU HAVE THE LAUGH OF AN ANGEL BABE!" Back and forth the two argue with one another. Finally being able to slam the door.

"Well who was that?" I give her a smug look sitting up on my hands. "The hacker." Oh

"Isn't he young?" Wasn't he supposed to be looking at my phone.

"He was born into it. His dad was like second in command, he's retired from the family when his wife got pregnant. They live at the main house, Rico comes by to help the hackers, he's crazy good at those things." I nod my head not questioning further but very impressed

"You can just retire from the mafia?"

"Well no, but when my father handed it down to Stefano.. Rico's father also retired with him. Rico's mother and mine are like this." She crossed her two fingers.

"Best friends." She whispers.

A knock sounds from the door making Harper jump. "I swear if it's that little rat again.."

"Watch your mouth, kid" I tall man in a suit appears. His blue eyes and blonde hair shock me. Almost everyone had dark hair.

"Xavier." Harper breathed out. Looking over at me, he waves a finger up. "Come with me."

"i'm good!" I say cheerfully wishing I was glued to this bed.

"Bosses orders." Suddenly I was up and walking past him.

"Bye, Harper!" The walk to Stefano's office was quiet. Making no noise as Xavier guides me through the hallways.

With a single knock to the door. I'm lead inside.

"I found information on your cyber stalker." I turn my head to see Rico now wearing glasses.

"Okay and?"

"I took your phone and tracked an Ip from the sender. I was actually surprised to even get anything what an amateur this guy is. Anyways he goes by the name, Jason Alvarez. You would know that tho.. he's your friend right?" I blink back at Rico shocked by his heavy load of words.

"No Jason's last name is Moore." I whisper.

"Actually.. It's Alvarez. He lied." My heart beat gets faster and heart in my ears. Standing confused and uncomfortable at the six pairs of eyes watching me.

I ignore Stefano's eyes.

"It has to be a mistake right." I trail being cut off. "I don't make those." Rico admits cockily.

"He's my best friend." I mumble out from being my hands on my face.

"Not anymore." Stefano's voice interrupts my thoughts.

"Yeah I understand that Stefano." My mouth opens shocking the men. Even myself.

"I'm sorry." I look at him with defeat and he's staring at me like he could murder me.

"That mouth of yours is going to cause you trouble." Hiding a smirk.

"So what Jason was there the night I accidentally witnessed that murder?" I trail commenting.

"How do you accidentally witness a murder?" Rico asks me laughing. Finish myself looking at Stefano, I see no trace of amusement.

Seeing that, he stops laughing.

"When I found his name. I dug into his files. Apparently he works with Marco Biianchi." I turned my head to meet Stefano's eyes.

"That gang from Hudson?" I ask speaking up. Stefano's head tilts in response to my question. His eyes zero in on mine, darkening. I could tell he was getting angrier by the second.

"Yes that pathetic little gang." He spits. Something tells me he doesn't like the gang.

"Yeah basically." Rico adds to Stefano's reply. Closing his laptop and shoving it under his arm.

Come to think of it. Maybe this was the reason Jason became nonexistent in my life. He was somehow involved with a gang.

"So that's why he didn't spend my birthday with me." I murmur, thinking. Family problem my ass. No longer having the energy to stand. I walk to sit next to, Rico.

There was only one question I could think to ask next.

"What now?"

...

VOTE!!