Chapter 45 Hospital

Third pov

Jason slumped in a chair in the kitchen.

For close to four hours he tailed Marinette, Harley and Ivy.

Bruce owed him for this one.

Never ever, EVER is he tailing any of them again.

"You look beat, Jay. Everything go okay?" Tim asked as he entered the kitchen.

Jason groaned. "For them, yes. I spent about an hour running to keep with them."

Tim chuckled. "That bad?"

"Yes! At least I had a tracker on her in case I lost her." He reached for the sandwich he had on the table and took a bite.

Something crunched and his face twisted.

Tim gave him a weird look. "You okay?"

Jay opened his mouth and pulled out the now crushed tracker that had been on Marinette earlier.

Tim stared at it. Jason stared at it.

Then Tim started laughing.

Jason felt a bit of pride as he stared at the small tracker. Then he started laughing too.

She'd known he was following. You can't be a hero without picking up things he supposed.

************************************************************************

Time skip

Marinette felt happy that there hadn't been any akumas in a while. Especially since they're getting a tour of Gotham's biggest hospital.

Dami hadn't been able to come with, Dick had other things he needed to do, and the others did to. So that meant currently there's no Wayne's with them.

Just the class, Amy and Danny from the mall and Madame Bustier.

Marinette finds herself not really caring as they tour through the hospital with Amy and Danny talking about it's opening a few years earlier after the Joker blew the previous one up, they told them about how Harvey Dent, now Two-Face recieved medical treatment.

It's fun to listen as the nurses explain how everything's run and how much work that keeps it going.

Then it's lunch.

Alya is silently fuming at how half the class won't listen to Lila, instead opting to sit in their own group.

So three different groups with one adult each.

Marinette, Adrien, Chloe and Danny.

Lila, Alya, Myléne, Ivan, Kim, Rose and Madame Bustier.

Sabrina, Nino, Alix, Max, Nathaniel, Juleka and Amy.

Marinette ate her food happily. Slipping the cookie that came with into her pocket.

Chloe was surprisingly content with what was served. Much better than hospital food normally is. She grabbed a donut that she smuggled a few pieces of into her bag.

Adrien was (thanks to Plagg) already smelling a bit like cheese as he ate his food.

The three were chatting away about Marinette opening shop again once they got home.

"I have uncle Jagged, aunt Penny and Clara waiting to discuss ideas. Apparently I have three fans in the Wayne family, Harley and Ivy got my buisness card because they said they want to order and I have a few of my own projects." Marinette absentmindedly stirred to coffee she'd gotten.

"I heard about that. Which ones are the fans?" Adrien asked between mouthfuls of food.

"Dick, Jason and Tim. I'm pretty sure Alfred is a fan too since I've been fixing all the clothes they've somehow destroyed."

"You gave them a buisness card?"

She nodded at Chloe's question. "Yup, one for each family member."

The blonde looked happy with that. Not too surprising considering that the buisness cards had been her idea.

"I know it's not my buisness but you seem pretty friendly with the Wayne family." Danny said.

Marinette nodded. "Yeah, I really like them. They're super nice and good people."

Danny smiled. "Yeah, they are. I'm just a bit surprised since they tend to be a bit closed off."

"Considering just how many times they seem to be targets for kidnapping it's not that surprising." Chloe remarked.

The ginger haired man laughed. "True. They're one of Gotham's most wealthy and respected families, guess they make good targets. But you haven't had much luck with that either from what I've heard." He said.

Marinette shrugged. "At least we're relatively okay. Though I could've done without the spray in the face."

"Yeah, most people don't like that."

They ate in silence for a bit until Danny asked. "I'm a bit curious. Why don't you want to sit with the others?"

The three teens shared a look before shrugging unanimously. Then they gave him a shorter version of why the class is the way it is. When they finished Danny stared wide eyed at them. "That's one hell of a friendship you guys have. Being willing to stand up for each other like that takes bravery."

There's something that passes between the teens before him. Something Danny doesn't understand but makes him feel like he's missing information.

But then he's met with two bright smiles and a smaller but still happy one.

****************************************************************

Nino looked at his friends talking and laughing at their table and felt some of his courage go down the drain.

Then he shook his head, much to the confusion of the others at the table, before he stood up and went over to the other table.

Well aware of everyone looking at him he was quite nervous. But he needs to do this.

"Marinette, can we- can we talk later?"

The black haired teen looked surprised and studied him for a moment.

Then she nodded. "Sure."

Got anyone you'd like the team/Marinette to meet? Hero/villain?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)