Charles Smith: Family

Charles Smith X Female Reader

Summary: you and Charles have left the gang to start your family.

Sorry for a short one!

Word Count: 800

The most important thing to Charles has always been family, the only problem was that he spent most of his life not truly having one. Then he met you and the Van der Linde gang. In a way, the gang was like a family. He considered a few members to be his brothers and sisters, but it wasn't quite the family he was searching for.

But there you where, just perfect. He fell in love with you and you with him. You were what he was looking for, a true, real, family. You both loved the gang, or at least most of the people in it, but you still left to start the life that you both wanted.

Charles has always wanted a family and that's exactly what he found in the most unlikely of places, he found you and you gave him everything he was looking for. He couldn't have asked for anything more.

Now the two of you owned a little ranch, living an honest life together, as husband and wife.

- - - - -

You heard the front door open and close, signalling that Charles had come in after working on the ranch. You had offered to help him many times, at least with some of the easier chores, but he always declined and insisted that you should just take it easy. Ever since you found out you were pregnant, he got more protective over you.

You smiled as you greeted your husband, meeting him in the entrance of your home. As soon as Charles saw you, he smiled and walked over to you, placing his hands on your waist.

"Working hard?" you asked, wishing that he would just allow you to give him some assistance from time to time.

"Of course, but I wouldn't have it any other way" Charles nodded and you could tell by the smile on his face that he truly meant it, he wouldn't have it any other way. You knew that he wouldn't be happy just sitting around all day doing nothing.

You chuckled fondly as Charles stroked his hand over your stomach, a baby bump that was clearly showing now. You ran your fingers through his hair as he knelt down and pressed a kiss to your stomach, smiling as he rested his forehead there for a moment.

Standing up again, Charles pulled you into a loving kiss and you wrapped your arms around his neck.

"How come they get a kiss first?" you asked playfully as you pulled away from the kiss, his forehead resting against yours.

"Sorry, I'm just excited to meet them" Charles confessed, his hand finding your stomach once again.

"I know. So am I" you smiled at his response. "Only a few more months" you reminded him.

"I can't wait" Charles smiled, truly wanting to meet his child already.

"Neither can I" you carded your fingers through his hair.

Charles brought his hand up to cup your jaw and brushed his thumb over your cheek, bringing you into another kiss, one that was a little more passionate that the last.

- - - - -

It was dark outside now, you and Charles laying together in bed. As it usually was these days, Charles' large hand lay on your stomach, his thumb brushing back and forth in an affection manner. Every time he felt the baby move, you would both smile.

"They're active tonight" Charles commented with a fond smile.

"I swear they start moving more when you're around" you told him and that put a smile on his face. You loved feeling the baby move and you felt it rather often, but you could swear to anything that whenever Charles is around or places his hand on your stomach, the baby moves around more. As if they are actually trying to get his attention. "You're going to be such a good dad" you murmured as you watched him.

"And you're going to be a wonderful mother" Charles told you as he pressed a kiss to your forehead.

"I still can't believe that we're here. I never really thought I'd have a family or live a simpler life, until I met you" you confessed, tracing your fingertips over his cheek.

"I've always wanted a family, you know that. I just never really thought I'd have a chance to have one. The gang was like a family but not exactly what I wanted, then you came along. I'll forever be thankful for that" Charles brushed your hair out of your face, looking at you with pure love in his eyes.

"I love you" you whispered, already close enough to him to feel his breath on your lips.

"I love you too" Charles smiled before closing the space between you both with a sweet kiss.

Neither of you could wait for the baby to finally arrive, to introduce him to the world and truly start growing your family. The two of you had talked a little about having more children in the future and you both still had your hearts set on that.

Requests?