Dutch Van der Linde and Mary-Beth Gaskill: Moving On Part 2

Dutch Van der Linde X Female Reader (past)
Mary-Beth Gaskill X Female Reader

Summary: you move on with somebody who treats you well.

Word Count: 1900

Ever since your break up with Dutch, you had been staying in Mary-Beth's tent. She had been your rock after that. For the first few night, she had let you lay your head in her lap and she played with your hair, speaking soft words of comfort.

Molly and you had talked a lot, reminding each other that Dutch was a bastard and that you could both do a whole lot better than him. But it was Mary-Beth that reminded you of what you were worth.

Mary-Beth made you feel like you were on top of the world, just like Dutch once made you feel but tenfold. She was the one who brought you back when you got sad, when you were feeling insecure. It was the first time that you saw her get angry, she was angry that Dutch ever made you feel that way, but you just embraced her, glad to know she cared about you so much.

- - - - -

You were sitting with Karen, Mary-Beth and Tilly, the four of you talk between yourselves. You had already been friends with them before Dutch but you had definitely grown closer, which you were greatly thankful for. They were great friends. Molly was growing closer to them but slowly, she still liked to have her space but you were all welcoming when she wanted to join you all.

The conversation began to die down when the sound of footsteps started getting closer. The four of you looked up and instantly became curious when you saw saw Dutch walking over to you all.

"Y/n, can I talk to you?" Dutch asked and you just blinked at him, surprised that he was asking to speak with you.

"She has nothing to say to you" Karen scoffed, always the most vocal out of the four of you.

"It's alright" you assured her, patting her knee. She huffed, seeming unconvinced, but allowing you to stand. You gave the three women a small reassuring smile before walking away with Dutch.

"You know it's bad when Mary-Beth is mad" Karen commented, chuckling despite her annoyance.

"I'm not mad" Mary-Beth denied, tearing her gaze away from you and Dutch, turning back to Karen and Tilly.

"You sound mad" Tilly pointed out.

"I just don't want her to get hurt again" Mary-Beth confessed with a small sigh.

"I know but she'll be alright" Karen assured her with a sincere smile.

"She's smart and she isn't interested in him anymore" Tilly agreed and Mary-Beth nodded, knowing they were right. You knew what you were doing, she just cared about you.

You followed Dutch through the camp silently until you started to leave the camp, disappearing among the trees. You were getting restless, just needing to know what he had to say to you.

"What do you want Dutch?" you sighed, just wanting to get this over with.

"I just wanted to talk to you" Dutch told you, giving you a smile.

"About what?" you asked.

"I understand that you're still mad at me, I don't blame you for that" Dutch started.

"And?" you prompted tiredly, he was using that fake sincere voice that he used with strangers, you didn't have the patience for it. How hadn't you noticed these things when you were dating him? Were you that blind?

"And I want to apologise again, I want to ask you to forgive me, and I want you to give me another chance" Dutch spoke, his words catching you off guard.