three - waterfall

I stepped onto the raft like platform that will take us to the waterfall.

I wanted to run my hands through my hair but I caved and let her cut it.

My waist length hair is now to my shoulders. It's weird because it was a shield to me in a way.

It's okay though, everything is changing so why not my hair too?

I had a small smile on my face as I felt the wind and mist on my skin

Shuri was dancing with her mother. I just admired the sights. Wakanda is truely a beautiful place.

I feel lucky to be in a place like this. I'll admit that my dad was smart to leave me here where I can train and learn.

I feel more secure now that I can do things that I'd never though I would do. Okoye really pushes me to be stronger. Not just physically but mentally too.

I haven't had any breakdowns like I used too. Nightmares don't make me cry but they obviously still hurt me.

I watched everyone on the raft like platform, they had such joy on their faces.

"Young hazel." I heard a voice and saw the queen mother, her name is Ramona but I call her queen mother to respect her.

"Oh, hi...you must be excited for the ceremony." I gave her a friendly smile and took my attention off the water around me. I'm still queasy about the water but this place is advanced so I doubt I'll drown.  

"Yes but not always...the ceremony is necessary but it can get brutal at times." She answered and but her hands on the railing beside me and looked out at the water.

"Why's that?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

She watched the water for a few seconds before answering me. "It's essentially a fight to the death."

My jaw dropped. Okay so NOT fun.

She chuckled and rubbed my arm  "But death never happens most of the time. You can yield which is forfeiting."

"Oh good, I was worried for a second." I laughed awkwardly.

The Dora slammed their spears in unison on the raft in front of us, sonically triggering something. I noticed we were approaching the edge. I clenched my teeth trying to keep my fear inside. Are we gonna go over the edge?

The rafts halted and beside me a walkway was uncovered. I followed Shuri and Queen Mother to where they would stand. Now I'm even closer to the water than before, if I move my feet a little bit they would touch the water.

The royal-talon fighter flew up to the pool's edge and T'challa stepped off the aircraft, holding a short spear and shield he was also covered in leopard body paint. The crowd around me chanted.

Thousands of Wakandans stood according to tribe, the Border Tribe, the Mining Tribe, the Merchant Tribe and the River Tribe. Obviously I'm not apart of any of them.