t w o

Have you ever felt time pass by in a blink of an eye doing something that you love?

Aurora has and she loved it. It was Sunday, and she found herself back at the cafe in the morning with her glasses perched on top of her nose. Usually, she was not a morning person and would wake up at noon on the weekends. But that morning, she had woken up at 10 AM, which was considered to be pretty early for her on a weekend.

It was odd that she had woken up that early, considering she had trouble sleeping last night. Her mind kept wandering to the stranger she had bumped into earlier that day. No matter how hard she tried, his mesmerizing grey eyes lingered in her mind. She even got up at 3AM to take Ambien in order to fall asleep, which was a pill she only took when her anxiety got really bad.

She had woken up to a solution to her problem, almost like an enlightenment. Before she left the cafe, she had finished reviewing all the designs and responding to emails. However, she had more work to do. One of her clients had specifically asked for Aurora to do the interior of their new home. This was after the client went back and forth with the architects about the design, causing both the senior and junior architects to struggle with the design.

She was happy to be given the task, but it meant she had to take on more than what she had before. She also had no idea where to start.

But when she woke up that morning, it was as if a burst of light had suddenly engulfed her body and she felt as if she needed to put it all onto paper before she lost her inspiration.

She had quickly thrown on a similar outfit as the day before, choosing a simple white cropped cami top and a pair of high waisted mom jeans to pair with her Air Force 1s. Throwing on an oversized wool beige cardigan, which she rolled up at the sleeves, Aurora quickly grabbed her things and left for the cafe. She didn't even bother tying her hair up, instead going for a white cap that hid her unruly hair that she had combed through quickly. 

An hour later, she found herself sitting in her usual spot with her sketchbook and pencils scattered all across the table

An hour later, she found herself sitting in her usual spot with her sketchbook and pencils scattered all across the table. Her laptop sat in front of her open to her clients' finalized ideas, as she made notes and physically sketched different samples for interior ideas in her sketchbook. Even though she would eventually transfer everything to digital drawings, she always loved to sketch by hand first.

Her sketchbook was probably one of the most important things that she carried around all the time. Her father had gotten her this sketchbook when she got her first job at Smith Architects. It had her name engraved on the front cover and she still used it. Any time she had an idea, she would pull out her sketchbook and either write it down or sketch it out. She felt incomplete without her sketchbook.

She was completely engulfed in the world of architecture. Now that she was department head, she wasn't really a part of the whole designing process. Instead, she overlooked the architects and to be a part of the actual designing process brought her a lot of joy.