Eighty Three

a/n: lately i seem to be getting a lot of, not hate, but i guess rude comments on my storyline for this specific book, alongside some very distasteful direct messages. if there's something you may not like, constructive criticism is always welcome but could you please be kind about it? i'm not a large and famous writer, im just passionate about writing things i find interesting and like to put it out on this app... anyways, enjoy this chapter. (:

*
Gabi walks into the girls' bathroom, seeing Kiara sitting next to Zoē as she cried.

Gabi gasp, "Oh. I'm sorry...I didn't know anyone was in here".

Zoē looks up, her face a deep red and she had tears falling down her eyes. Kiara rolls her eyes at Gabi and stands up, "Can we talk? Outside the bathroom?"

Gabi nods and walks out, Kiara following. Kiara sighs, "Can you not tell anyone about this? Her crying, I mean".

"Why? Everyone knows what happened".

"Because Gabi. It's embarrassing. He cheated on her".

Gabi shrugs, "Sorry, you're asking me for a favor? After everything with Benjamin. Fuck that".

Gabi turns to walk away, rolling her eyes. Kiara scoffs and rolls her eyes as well, "Bitch".

*
Benjamin walks into his house on the phone with Noah, giggling. "I don't mean to tell her 'I told you so' but...She has it coming, I mean seriously? The only reason he got with her was to fuck with me, and now that I pay him no attention, he got bored with her".

Noah chuckles whiles putting gas into his car. "I mean...You were right. Can we flaunt that in her face?"

"I knew it'd happen, kinda. He's got tired of her cause he realized that I'm pretty much over the whole situation".

"And now she's the one who looks dumb...Do you think their gonna try and contact you?"

"More than likely. I'm not gonna pay mind to it though. I'm over that part of my life".

Noah smiles and nods, "Good. So, what are you gonna do tonight?"

"Well, I have a headache so I'm gonna take some medicine and then probably work on some more of my robotics work".

"Headache? Why?"

"My therapist told me it might be a side effect of me getting off them. Told me if I take meds it's should go away".

"Okay. Hey, where's the competition? You want me to come?"

"It's at some college and I'd love for you to come but it's during the school day so unless you wanna skip ELL which I think is required for you".

"Damn it. I don't even need that class like...I can speak pretty fluently".

"I know". Benjamin reaches into the medicine cabinet, grabbing the Tylenol. He turns the cap when his mom walks in.

"Benjamin! What are you doing?"

Benjamin turns around and Olivia grabs the bottle. "What are you doing!?"

Benjamin furrows his brows, "I'm taking medicine. I have a headache".

"No! You don't just get to take medicine whenever you feel like it".

"Mom-".

"Hang is the phone".

Benjamin gulps, "N-Noah I'm gonna go, I'll call you later".

"Okay, bye bebesita".

"Bye". Benjamin hangs up the phone, sliding it into his back pocket.

Olivia grabs the pill bottle from him and shakes her head. She opens it, placing once pill in his hands. Then, she walks away before coming back with a small cardboard box.

She walks over to the medicine cabinet and starts to place any kind of medicine in it. "Until I fully trust you, you need to ask for medicine, you hear me?"

Benjamin nods and walks to the fridge to grab a water bottle. "My therapist said you and Dad would be on edge. I-I'm sorry, mom".

"It's fine, Benny. Just-...".

"I understand. I'm gonna go do some homework".

**
Elly walks in her house, just getting home from basketball practice. She sets her gym bag down and walks into the kitchen.

She goes into the fridge, grabbing a Gatorade bottle, and sits down at the island.

Eva walks out, rolling her eyes. "God, mom. You're so fucking-".

Eva over at Elly and sighs. "Hey, Elly".

"Hey...Everything okay?"

"Yeah, mom is just...Being mom. Uh...How's basketball?"

"It's good. You sure you're alright?"

"Yeah. I just...Came by to tell mom that I almost had a slip last night and...She didn't respond very well. Made me feel worse".

"I'm sorry, Eva. You've been doing so well, though. And you didn't do it last night so that's all that matters".

"I know I just...Don't wanna disappointing the girls, you know? I'm trying my best".

"Well, I'm proud of ya, sis".

Eva smiles, "Thanks, Elly. Oh! We finished setting up the majority of the new house, you should come to see".

*
Kiara sits with Zoē at her house, comforting her. She frowns and grabs Zoe's hand, "We could try and talk to him".

"No. I don't wanna talk to Katen. Out of all people he cheated on me with Hayley? I thought she was our friend".

"I know, Zo. You're okay without him, though. Trust me".

"I dropped Benjamin for him. I look stupid now".

Kiara doesn't respond and looks down. She frowns again and runs her hand up and down Zoē's back.

Zoē wipes her face, "He'd never forgive us, Ki. Ever. Not after what we did and what we said".

"I know...I know. Trust me. I've thought about it...All the time...All the fucking time".

"I feel so stupid...All that time wasted".

Kiara nods, "Yeah".

**