Chapter 2: The new you

Previously...
I didn't know how to protect myself so I simply shut my eyes and let the darkness take over my vision. waiting for the splash of color to infiltrate.

Felix

It didn't come. I slowly opened my eyes after hearing a loud gasp from the crowd which was staring down at the scene. My eyes finally focused on the situation which lay in front me.

Jason.

He was pounding and pounding his fist into philip. My mouth opened so wide. And everything went grey. I know he's changed but I've never seen him like this. It looked like his entire vision was just red as he kept on digging his fists into philip.

Philip was basically passed out onto the ground and I couldn't help but move back away from him. I guess jason sensed the movement as his head snapped up at me.

This was the first time I was ever scared around him. Since when did he change so much.

Was I not paying enough attention to him?

I started taking small steps away from him yet my shivering stature wasn't helping much. I took one more step and felt myself falling into a hole in the ground.

It was so dark and deep. I kept falling and I could see Jason peering down at me from above.

The air down here felt like it was crushing my soul. My thoughts. Everything. I tried my best to breathe. But the pressure was unbearable. Like an elephant was sitting on my chest.

I could see Jason's face at the top still staring at me with a look of worry. It looked like his lips were moving but no words were coming out.

I tried to wheeze words out through my mouth but it seemed as if it was sewn shut. I tried to focus on my breathing but the more I tried to more I ran out.

The elephant on my chest became a person. pitch black. blending in but its skin contrasted strongly against my pale white one, i could clearly see it.

He lifted an arm and i wanted to scream but nothing came out. He placed his hands over my mouth blocking all passages of air before placing his other hand on top of my eyes and forcing my eyelids down. Now he was everywhere. Completely black.

...

It smelt like alcohol here. Not the fun one you drink at a club the kind that you put on your hands in the hospital. Hospital.

Hospital?

My body instantly shot up along with my eyes snapping open. What happened. I frantically searched and scanned my surroundings and my heart began to slow down once I noticed where I was.

The school infirmary.

Im still alive. I guess I passed out. How pathetic.

I looked to the corner of the room and saw Jason,sitting in a chair, his head only just now lifting up, eyes wide.

I shuffled back on the bed in a feat to get away from him before i noticed what i was doing. He looked broken.

"You're scared of me. " it wasn't a question. More like a statement. I wanted to scream out no and tell him I would never be scared of him but at this moemnt and time I honestly had no idea.

I just stared at him hoping I didn't look terrified . I couldn't take his face breaking down into a deeper frown anymore. He stood up from his chair and advanced towards the bed i was currently in. I laid back down noticing the banging in my head.

Who was in there playing drums?

This wasn't the time. Once Jason was standing over me he knelt down so we could see eye to eye. His hands wondered underneath the bed sheets until he caught hold of my hands. So warm. Like a firework. Jason and i have never touched each other in such an emotional way before.

It was normally me just slapping his back or something. I couldn't lie though recently I've been noticing him slowly becoming more touchy with me. Usually i didn't mind it but after seeing him beat Phillip to a pulp i was unsettling.

"Im sorry you had to see me like that. Its j..just that I hate when people talk to you like your nothing."

I am nothing.

My heart was back to it's normal rate and by looking at Jason's expression i could tell that he was genuine about what he was saying.

I nodded.

" I'm not. By the way" I finally maanged to force out my mouth. Jason looked at me confused.

"Scared. Im not scared of you jason. " my voice was low. I hope he understood. The drumming in my head stopped and the room was dead silent.

We looked deepely into each other an felt the overwhelming need to just lean in and.... i dont know. Just lean it.

"Well... its great to see your awake." The sound broke our comforting silence and a nurse walked in. She had a clipboard in her hands and immeditely was at my side checking everything was ok.

"How are you feeling" she said.

I similed at her and replied," i feel great. "

"That's good. You can go whenever your ready. " she said before writing a note and handing it to me.

"Give this to your teacher. They'll understand. " i nodded as she turned to face jason. "You....need to go see the headteacher."

Jason looked guilty before slowly standing back onto his feet and going towards the nurse.

"Wait..."

i called out to him, "I'll still see you after school right?" I asked hoping the answer was yes.

"Course. " short and direct.

He gave me a small smile before following the nure outside the room. I got up on my two feet and began walking around until i was steady enough to venture out of the room into my next lesson. As i got out of my room i noticed groaning sounds coming from another section.

The smart thing to do was to obviously ignore it and mind my own buisness.

I guess not.

I began walking towards the sound before i was standing in front curtains. Whoever was behind here was making those sounds. They seemed to be in great pain and me and my nosy self just wanted to see what it was about.

I slowly slid the curtains aside slightly and once i saw who was in there i fully pushed the curtains aside in shock. Philip. He was painted in all sorts of colors his usual skin tone was no where to be found it was replaced with blacks and blues and blotches of purple.

His entire face was swollen and the bed sheets seemed to be covered completely in blood. Jason did this. I slowly closed the curtain.

I didn't think he noticed me. I pointed my head down and walked even quicker to the last lesson of the day since i was passed out for the rest. Only one thought ran through my mind.

Jason did that.

// hope you guys liked this chapter please. Comments what you I think and have a nice day. //