CH.57 Restless nights

Chapter 57

Mavi felt as if she was lit up like a Christmas tree that night as she headed down to dinner holding Owen's hand. Her whole body buzzed melodiously as Owen teased her in between showering and getting dressed.

"Owen," Mavi said as they neared the top of the stairwell.

"Yes, princess?" Owen stopped and turned around.

"I....I'm sorry for making you worried. That was not my intention."

Owen stared at their linked hands as he ran Mavi's words through his head. He knew her intentions were good.....but her execution was reckless.

"I'm not going to say it's okay because it's not okay for you to do that," Owen said after a long pause.

Mavi took a deep breath and nodded. She took small steps forward as she felt Owen tug at her hand.

"I'm not just your mate," Owen said as he cupped her face. "I am also your Beta.....you have to let me work with you."

"I'm sorry," Mavi frowned.

"You have no idea how lucky you got with that jinn. My heart stops every time I think about what could have happened to you."

Mavi didn't have any reply. He was correct. In everything he was saying.....her actions were rushed and thoughtless......but couldn't he acknowledge the fact that she got the job done?

"How do you think I could ever possibly function if anything happened to you?" Owen whispered, searching Mavi's eyes. "You breathe life into every single cell in my body.....without you there is no me."

Mavi felt her eyes grow wet as she listened to his words. Owen's eyes landed on her lips as he kissed her with the softness of a feather and promised her to love her forever. Mavi melted against his arms as she let him kiss her with all his worries and frustration.

She could never have enough of this man. Her love for him terrified her. If he thought he was the only one that would go crazy if he ever lost her, then he was living in delusion. Losing him would be like being thrown from the heavens.

There would be no recovering from that.

"I think we better get downstairs," Owen murmured against Mavi's lips.

"Ugh....fine," Mavi laughed, pulling away.

"We need a vacation," Owen said to her as he took her hand and led her downstairs.

"Oh that sounds like a great plan. Where should we go?"

"Some place with no people."

Mavi began to laugh as they walked into the dining room. Everyone's eyes at the table bounced up to her beaming face as she walked over to the table and waited as Owen pulled the chair out for her.

"What's so funny?" Adam asked.

"Nothing," Mavi shook her head. "Owen and I were just saying that we need a vacation after all this is over."

"Sweet Jesus, yes." Adam sighed. "And I'm going to make Exton pay for it."

"In your dreams Shark boy," Exton snorted as he passed the salad bowl to Mavi.

"This is your mess we are trying to fix," Caspian piped up.

"I didn't create it,"

As Caspian and her brother bounced back and forth, Mavi looked at Gemma, "Where's mom and dad?"