Chp. 11

-RILEY’S POV-

We ended up back in Jenson’s warm bed after about an hour of talking, but I couldn’t stop thinking about what I had figured out. Could it be possible that Jake had been my Guardian Angel? Or was he just another best friend helping another friend out?

He was anything but a good influence after about five months, screwing girls and drinking… so maybe he wasn’t.

Were Guardians even allowed to do those things? Be corrupted? Lie and steal without punishment?

I looked at Jenson who was passed out on the side of me, she was relaxed, and I was grateful. The more she was happy and calm the less I had to take away from her pain. I touched her arm, feeling the peacefulness rush through me and warm my heart.

The more I sat here with Jenson, the more I started thinking about being with her. We were best friends, and we liked to mess around with each other, not like that though, we never got sexual. But we played with each other’s minds, she would say a sexual comment and I would ask her if she was trying to come out to me, or vise versa.

To her it was all fun and games, but in the back of my mind, I liked it.

I eventually drifted off to sleep after thinking about everything for two straight hours, dreaming about Jake hovering over me with white, blazing wings.

Then it was Jenson, she always made her way into my dreams, most likely because I had those weird connections with her. We were sitting in a meadow, just talking, I don’t remember what about, but I just remember feeling completely at peace and happy with her there with me.

And the more I dreamed the more I wished it was reality.

I was awake, Jenson was in the shower, I stood, walking up to the mirror and roughing up my hair with my hands. I needed to brush my teeth, my morning breath was rank.

The door to the bathroom opened, Jenson revealed herself in a towel as the steam from the shower surrounded her. She sighed, “I’m done if you wanna brush your teeth and junk, I knew you have killer morning breath.”

I smiled, mostly because she looked absolutely sexy in that towel, I passed her, “Thanks.”

I brushed my arm slightly across her back as I passed, and then looked at her, she was nervous, and excited the moment I touched her. What was this? she locked eyes with me, I smiled, and then closed the door.

So she got excited and nervous, big deal, it wasn’t lust, or butterflies in her stomach, she just got a bit nervous because she was naked. I brushed my teeth and used the bathroom, straightening myself up for the day and changing into jeans and slipping on my jacket.

I opened the door, revealing Jenson in nothing but a bra and jeans, “Am I fat?”

I wanted to laugh, roll on the floor and laugh actually, she was tinier then me and she thought she was fat. I tilted my head, taking in her body and then remembering I needed to respond, “Is this a trick question?”

She crossed her arms over her body, “You could’ve lied…”

I walked up to her, “Jenson, you’re tinier then me, you weigh like what… 100 pounds? And you’re 17. You have the nicest body I’ve ever seen… you have no worries.”

I could feel her emotions change from insecure to flattered, and I smiled. I loved making her feel good about herself, I loved when she was happy, because it literally affected my mood to. But when I saw her happy, and smiling all big and junk… it made me feel good about myself, like I was making a difference in someone’s life.

And isn’t that what I was here for?

Jenson sat up from her bed, looking at me with a very boring on her face, “Let’s go do something please…”

I laughed, “Ok… um, wanna go to the mall?”

I knew she loved to shop, and she had the money to do so, she nodded vigorously, “Yes! Finally you come up with something smart!”

I shook my head and laughed at her sarcasm, “Well let’s go, we can get lunch there to.”

I hopped in the passenger seat and seat belted, watching at the corner of my eye to see if Jenson did to. She did. I didn’t like when she drove, mostly because I had to keep my eyes and senses on high alert the entire time. I needed to watch everyone else, and her, and possible accidents.

It was weird, but you could never be to safe.

She started her car and down the road, hitting the Main and heading straight to the mall. It was Saturday so I knew the roads were going to be busy, more people to look out for.

Jenson pulled up to a stop light, looking at me, “Why haven’t I’ve met your parents?”

It was a sudden question, and I wasn’t sure how to answer. I stumbled on the sentence, “Uh, my dad is busy, a lot. You know supporting me with school and the house and stuff…”

I knew the answer didn’t really answer… well, anything but I didn’t want to let her know about my family. It would make her feel bad for me, and she really didn’t have to because I loved my life… Didn’t I?

Was I happy? I missed my dad a lot, staring at his picture half the night as I laid in bed, and of course I missed my mom but… there was nothing I could do about it.

Jenson looked at me, and for that split second I caught a vision, something that was about to happen.

I was in my body, but I couldn’t speak, Jenson’s eyes pulled away from the road and into mine, the car in front of her slammed on their brakes. Jenson’s car slammed into the rear of the one in front of her and I saw her head whip and smash onto the steering wheel.

My head banged against the window, cracking it and sending a white pain through my body.

I felt an impact on my side, another car impacted with my side of the vehicle, sending us spinning into the middle and smashing us into an oncoming truck….

Then I was back, and we and Jenson were about to get into a fatal car accident.

And die.