[1]

DAYS REMAINING: 68

DAYS REMAINING: 68

PARTIES IN SALT LAKE CITY, Utah were not hard to find, as there was not much else to do on a Saturday night. House parties and underage drinking were how most teens spent their weekend, trying to forget the pain and stress that came from the previous long week of school and work. It was an unhealthy coping mechanism, but none of them cared.

Luna Crawford was not much of a partier, but she showed up at a party every once in a while. She had lost sight of her friend Laney that she came to the party with hours ago. Now she was idly walking around the party while drinking the beer from her red solo cup.

"Hey you!" Someone yelled towards the brunette. She looked behind her in both directions before realizing they were talking to her. Luna pointed to herself, confused and wasted. She didn't know this kid so why was he yelling for her to come over? "Yes you. C'mere!"

Hesitantly, she stumbled her way over to the group of people who were now sitting in a circle on the ground. They were about to play a juvenile game of spin the bottle and invited her to play.

Luna took a look around the circle. She recognized some people, but she honestly didn't really know any of them. What was the harm in playing a little spin the bottle with them?

As she accepted the invite, two people scooted over to make room for her on the floor. She was in between a red head girl named Ashlyn and a senior she recognized to be EJ Caswell, captain of the water polo team.

The game was kind of boring to her. The bottle hadn't landed on her yet, but it was almost her turn to spin. The red head girl beside her had to kiss a boy who she heard was called Big Red, how fitting! Luna could totally see them ending up together as she could see the chemistry between them.

"Your turn, Luna," Carlos, the boy who invited her to play, called out while clapping his hands. Quickly, she downed the rest of her drink before spinning the bottle.

The bottle slowly stopped, landing on a curly haired brunette who sat diagonal from her in the circle. Luna sort of knew who he was. They had a few classes together, but only shared a few words here and there to borrow a pencil or to ask for a page number.

The boy looked confused as it landed on him. He looked up and connected eyes with the girl, switching his sight to his ex-girlfriend, Nini Salazar-Roberts, who sat across from him. Ricky Bowen was internally conflicted. Should he kiss this girl, in front of his ex and her new boy toy? Or politely decline to be respectful to Nini? He debated doing it just to make Nini jealous. Then he thought of the girl who spun it. She was totally cute, so he definitely wouldn't regret kissing the pretty girl.

"You don't have to," Luna said after a moment with a shrug as she watched the boy squirm uncomfortably.

His mouth opened and closed, no words coming out. He nodded before saying, "N-No, it's okay. I'll do it."