Chapter 18 - Parker's Run

It was around morning now, and you four were still followed a trail to Parker's Run. Rebecca was slowly lagging behind, so you decided slow down and join her.

Y/N: Are you okay?

Rebecca: No, I'm not. But I'll be a lot better once we get with the others. How's your cheek? Because it looked really bad when Troy uh...

Y/N: It's hurts badly, but I'll be fine.

Rebecca: I need to make sure everyone else made it out. Luke... Sarah... Kenny... God, what if they didn't make it?

Jane and Clementine slowed down and joined you two.

Jane: If they aren't... nothing we can do about it.

Rebecca: Don't even say things like that!

Jane: Fine! Sorry.

Rebecca: Jesus, I don't even know if we're safe. What if the herd is still following us?

Clementine: We'll watch out for each other.

Y/N: Hell yeah we will.

Jane: So long as we keep up a good pace.

Rebecca: I know, I know. Just... I'm going as fast as I can. I know I should feel glad that we escaped, but I can't stop thinking about the others. I don't know, maybe it was stupid.

Jane: What? Escaping?

Rebecca: Look, I know we all agreed to use the herd to get out, but... Maybe we should've been more patient. Come up with something better.

Jane: It worked!

Y/N: I mean, the plan worked... but not for all of us...

Jane: Look, I know that some of your people didn't make it, but Carver was crazy. If people hadn't panicked, things might've turned out better.

Rebecca: Of course! We panicked! We were scared!

Y/N: Remember, Jane. This was the first time they did something like this.

Jane: The plan was good! The execution was the messy part.

Rebecca: That sounds an awful lot like you're saying it was their fault.

Jane: What? No! No, that's not what I'm saying. Just--

Rebecca suddenly groans in pain and clutches her stomach.

Rebecca: I have to stop. I'm sorry. I don't want to slow us down. Can I have a minute?

Jane: Yeah. Take a minute.

Rebecca: Alvin was supposed to be here for this.

Jane: Is Alvin...?

Rebecca: He's dead is what he is. Thanks to that fucking madman back there.

Clementine: Kenny might know what to do. He had a family before.

Jane: Let's hope he made it to the meet-up point, then.

Jane then looks at Rebecca's stomach.

Jane: So... what're you gonna do with it?

Y/N: What?

Rebecca: What do you mean by that?

Jane: Uh, nothing. Just making conversation.

Y/N: Guys, we shouldn't fight here...

Rebecca: No, I wanna know what she means. Do with what? My baby?

Jane: I'm just looking at the worst case scenario. You, Clem, and Y/N won't be able to raise a baby by yourselves. Not out here.