31 | Picture

The stuffy air in the bus felt almost as heavy as your eyelids did as you drifted off to sleep. As you rested your head against Todoroki's shoulder, he looked down at your troubled face. That nightmare haunted you too often nowadays. In it, people always got hurt because you didn't answer their call for help. You hated it. While Todoroki stroked your hair, your face became more serene, as if even while you slept, you knew that he was there to comfort you.

Todoroki restrained himself, as he realised that someone had whipped up a phone from the row of seats before yours. The blatant flash gave it away. Todoroki narrowed his eyes, making the Kaminari's blood run cold.

"I couldn't help myself. Look!" Kaminari whispered.

The dual-haired boy grabbed Kaminari's phone more abruptly than he should have, and examined the picture wearily. He would be lying if he said that you didn't look cute. Yet he would not allow the electric boy to save that picture, let alone anyone else to see it.

"Come on, man. No fair! I was gonna send them to you," Kaminari raised his voice. Todoroki deleted the photoshoot stored in the phone.

What's with all the noise? You rubbed your eyes before you became aware of your surroundings. Todoroki looked unusually flustered as he placed a finger to his lips to quieten Kaminari.

"Good morning, (y/n)!" Kaminari said with a playful grin plastered on his face. He turned around and sat back down to his seat.

You gave Todoroki a questioning look, but he shook his hand in front of his face to dismiss the subject. You nodded before realising how close you were to him. Your back stiffened as you noted that this might look a little too friendly to the rest of your classmates.

Once the bus parked at the viewpoint, Todoroki helped you get your bag, and you followed him down the aisle. You could hear the excited cheers from the rest of your class outside, as Aizawa stopped you.

He cleared his throat, letting Todoroki walk past. "(y/n), we are aware of what happened to your father, but your family is in safe hands. Don't let it distract you from your training."

But is my family safe to be around? You thought as you nodded. "Yes, Mr. Aizawa."

You hopped off the bus, walking up to Todoroki. He tilted his head, questioning you about why Aizawa wanted to talk to you.

"Nothing much."

Noticing that you weren't relying on him as much as usual, Todoroki placed his hands in his pockets. "Please, tell me if anything's bothering you."

"Yeah, will do. Thank you." You looked to the side, where you spotted Aoyama's twisted smile as he shuffled in his place. You furrowed your eyebrows. "Everything okay?"

You swore you could've seen glitter surrounding Aoyama's face. "Mm-hmm."

Suddenly, two women wearing cat-like costumes and a small boy appeared. They introduced themselves as the professional Hero Team, The Pussycats. While you had heard of them, it surprised you when they told you that you must reach the training camp at the base of the mountain by midday. Otherwise, you would miss your lunch.

---

Later on that day, you splashed warm water on your face at the hot springs. Your mind faded into dullness, and everything was a foggy illusion, to the point that you missed out on the girls' conversation.

"I'd say that, like, Todoroki's definitely the hottest boy in class!" Mina said.

Yaoyorozu scrubbed her arms as she replied, "Yes, I do see it. He was also a very supportive partner during the practical exams."