Chapter 30: The Western Continent And Souls Of Origin

"So when she wakes up, the two of you should explain the order. Yin Xingxing will further include other details just in case one of you forget what to say."

"Forget? Course not! Right, Yin Long? We're here to bring her back home after all!"

"Did you already forget that you were still chained up here not long ago? With chaos force inside you? Even a golden dragon like you can still be vulnerable to outside forces."

"You didn't have to be harsh. . ."

"Enough, just get going you two."

. . .

"Eh? Where am I. . ."

"In my room, don't worry."

"Sister Xingxing. . ."

Yin Xingxing carefully held Yin Lanying up from the bed to sit and brought over warm porridge for her to eat. It had tiny, star-shaped colored rice that made it vividly beautiful than normal porridge. Yin Lanying sipped the porridge in tiny scoops so she wouldn't get her tongue burnt by the heat as Yin Xingxing held the bowl in case she wasn't able to steadily hold it.

The azure blue-eyed girl then noticed the fragrance of cherry blossoms lingering in from the room window, feeling herself move out of bed to pick up the falling petals on the floor and let them get whisked away by the wind once more when she held her hand out to the breezy air out the window.

In that serene moment of watching the blossom petals fly away along with the wind, a flash of a transparent memory came through her vision. In front of her was the back of a white-haired female along with a red-haired male standing side by side of each other while looking out towards the sky in the balcony.

"—and this is the resting place of where the divine Qilin lies. Beneath the soil, in the center of the Western Continent."

"The Western. . .Continent." Yin Lanying muttered out, turning around to face Yin Xingxing who just finished placing the bowl on the table. "What is the Western Continent? Were the entrance tests a cover up for my arrival? Are we heading there?" She asked.

Yin Xingxing calmly answered her questions while sitting back down on her chair. "The Western Continent is made up of many spiritual creatures, including humans, who all live in coexistence with each other. However, some parts of the Eastern Continent from where we are are unaware of that truth. The spiritual creatures ranging from animals, plants, spirits and weapons disguise themselves as humans to deceive them so that they would be safe from them. If the other Eastern Continent regions ever found out about the difference in the Western Continent, chances are that they will invade and knowing how much greedy they are with wanting power, they would capture all of the spiritual creatures in order to use them for their gain."

Yin Lanying was unfazed about the greediness of the Eastern Continent as she had witnessed it before. When her love for Yang Le became lesser, she was able to see how greedy and power-obsessed the Yang Emperor was when he went to conquer small kingdoms with no remorse of allying or uniting with them. The more she thought about it, the more she wanted to move on from that life but not forgetting to learn from it as well. It's hard to forget a previous life of hardships.

"Then what you're saying is that the Western Continent has some allies in the Eastern Continent? If so, are we going to find them in order to go to the Western Continent?" Yin Lanying asked again.

But the Starseer chuckled upon hearing her question, confusing her and wanted to know why Yin Xingxing was laughing. "Why do you think the Star Spirit Sect was here for? It was to wait for you before we head to the Western Continent since time is of the essence."

"Then the entrance tests were just a cover up?!"

"It was both a cover up and the real thing. It was used to find the origin souls of the past."

The origin souls of the past?

"What. . .are those?" Yin Lanying strangely felt familiar with the term.

"The origin souls are those who have been in the beginning of time like the mythical beasts. For the longest time, the Star Spirit Sect had been gathering people who had an origin soul to recruit into the sect; with the help of the starry night sphere. So the entrance tests held every year was to bring forth the origin souls back to where they feel strong familiarity towards. Some souls however, can choose to live in the life they currently have and the sect would respect their decisions."

Yin Lanying listened with thoughts running through her head. Origin souls were those who lived in the past and were reborn to where they are today, then using the starry night sphere to determine one's constellation and nature. . .which could also determine the whereabouts of the origin souls. . .then it means that the disciples of the sect all held origin souls?

Then she thought of something. Yin Long and Yin Xingxing were both accepted by the starry night sphere, so could that mean that they had origin souls?

"A starseer does not have an origin soul, since they come from the heavens. Yin Long doesn't also have one. . .but let's just say that he is indeed as special as you are."

"Huh? Brother Long doesn't have an origin soul?" But he was as special as her? Yin Lanying felt like she still needed to know many other information regarding the past her elder sister knows. Yet this influx of information was far too confusing for her to understand for now.