🌸Juu-nii🌸

KOHARU

"Oi Yuu, I'll push you off the edge if you don't stop spacing out" my statement with my creepy face sounded more of a threat, than a joke.

Well, it is actually half meant, the reason, is Yuu staring out into nothing the whole time.

We're currently at the rooftop, because the school guard forgot to lock the door, I planned to sneak in with Yuu. It's been a few hours since he was rejected by Shimizu-senpai and he still hasn't recovered. Not even one bit.

Earlier when we went back to class, he stayed quiet while staring outside the window. Even when someone calls him, he pretends not to hear.

I don't want to see him like that. I mean, his personality is so bright, so it's rare seeing him like this.

After a while, I decided to just eat alone at cafeteria. I also took out Yuu's lunchbox because I figured he didn't want to eat or talk anyone at the moment.

So I stood up and was on my way to the door when Yuu held me back.

He gave me a shy look, "Is that l-lunch for me?"

My heart ran wild. I'm telling you, I had a hard time calming myself when Nishinoya asked that. I even stuttered which is really embarrassing.

"Y-Yeah, you probably don't want to eat so I'm just going to eat this on my o-own" This is bad, I can't look him in the eye. For a moment, I caught a glimpse of Yuu's smile.

"Let's eat together, Haru", and by that time he finally showed me his face, eyes no longer showing sadness.

"S-Sure. Let's go to the cafeteria-"

"I don't want to eat at a crowded place" said Yuu feeling a bit shy again and scratched the back of his head.

What is up with this cute creature?

Now I'm feeling better to!

Damn Yuu.

And that's how we came to this. But the moment we sat down, he started looking so sad and pitiful again, we'll not until je heard me threatening his life earlier.

"Hai hai, Haru-baba (Yes yes, Grandma Haru)" Yuu walked over to where I was and sat down in front of where I was.

Baba? (Grandma?)

This punk. 💢

"If you call me that again, I'll really push you to your death" I glared at him after the threat. He just laughed out loud seeing my reaction.

Finally, you smiled.

With that thought in mind, I subconsciously placed my hand on top of his head and smiled. "I like you better when you smile like that Yuu"

Yuu's eyes widened, his cheeks tinted pink and that's when I finally realized what I just said

I slapped his face away.

O///////O

"T-That's not what I meant!!!! I meant to say that I like it better w-when you smile l-like that!" I was in a state of panic, my face red and flustered. It didn't help when Yuu smiled before looking looking down on the ground.

"I never knew you thought about me like that Haru" he even added, I can clearly see him smirking.

"O-Oi! Stop thinking about it!" I added , waving my hands in front of Yuu to hide my embarrassed expression. "Geez, I'll eat first if you're not yet done Yuu" picking up my lunchbox, I turned my back and started.

I heard Yuu laughed again behind me so I faced him again. "I'll punch you if you don't stop" I glared at him for a second trying to cover up how flustered I am.

"Hahahahaha! Okay okay, I'll stop. Hahahahaha, but still, that was a good joke Haru!"

Eh?

He thought that was joke.

A complete idiot.

A completely dense idiot.

Maybe I'm nothing more than just a joke to him.

I never expected anything from the start, but on second thought hearing that from him hurt.

"Y-Yeah, it was a good joke. I-I got you" I laughed it off and so did he.

"Hahahahaha you sure did! I mean who would like their bestfriend? That's just crazy"

Bestfriend, huh?

We continued eating my food peacefully, Yuu getting more and more talkative every moment and I'm really glad he's slowly recovering but it what he said earlier, took a toll on me.

I guess I just can't help getting hurt when I'm slapped by the reality of what I really am to him.

A best friend.

A big woman of a best friend.

Yeah, like David and Goliath.

"-Oi, Haru. Are you even listening?" I snapped out of my own thoughts when Yuu started waving his hand in front of my face.

"A-Ah, were you saying something?" he frowned at me when I said that.

"What are you thinking about anyway?" Yuu asked and scooted closer to me.

I forced a laugh and shook my head. "Nandemonai (It's nothing,), so what were you saying earlier?" asked me, trying to get his attention off my case.

He looked at bit confused and suspicious of me but he eventually shrugged it off. I sighed in relief.

"I was asking you what's the best way to forget someone like Shimizu-senpai?" he answered. That made me frown even more.

Seriously?

He's asking me?

"I haven't even had my first boyfriend, and you're seriously asking me?"

"Well, you're the only one I can tell about this too. So what should I do Koharu? I really want to move on from these feelings of mine" Yuu stated as a matter of fact , his face full of sadness.

For a second, I thought of what he just said. Considering I'm actually in a similar condition, what would I do to forget?

As if I could forget Yuu. He's given me too much to remember ugh.

But what would I do?

Amidst the different thoughts inside my head, one actually seemed like it's worth a shot.

"I thought of something" I started saying and Yuu scooted closer again, his face just a few centimeters away from mine.

"What is it?" he asked, eyes sparkling. I stifled a laugh, he look so cute when he's so determined.

"I'll tell you but move your face away from mine, geez!" I stated and he did as I told and moved away. "So, I was thinking that maybe you could use volleyball as your distraction but I also remembered that Shimizu-senpai was once your manager. Hence it won't work. That's why I think the most effective way of forgetting Shimizu-senpai, is diverting your attention"

Noya looked surprised by what I said. "What do you mean divert my attention?"

"I'll get straight to the point. Find someone else to like, Yuu"

Deep inside my heart, I actually wished that, that someone would be me.

But then again, I'm just a giant girl who's good friends with him.

Ugh this getting dramatic.

e n d o f c h a p t e r