Chapter 4 - Your New Best Friend

~The Beach House~

The front door opens with Steven and Y/N walking in. They place the gems on the coffee table and plop down on the couch. Steven hunched over looking at the gems with worry. Y/N lays his head back sighing and wipes his forehead but quickly pulls his hand back after feeling a sharp sting. He looks to sees blood smeared on the back of his hand.

Y/N: Ouch. Hey dude, could you help me with this real quick?

Steven: Oh! Yeah of course. *he licks his hand and goes to heal Y/N's head... but nothing* Huh? No not this too!

Y/N: Hey it's okay dude. *he stands up* I'll just head to the bathroom and patch this up.

Steven: Uh... Alright. *turns back to the gems* The first aid kit is on the left side of the cabinet under the sink.

Y/N: Gotcha. *he walks to the bathroom but stops and turns to him* Hey Steven?

Steven: *still looking at the gems* Hmm?

Y/N: They'll be okay. *softly smiles* They're not gonna let something like this stop them.

Steven: *sigh* I hope so.

Y/N turns back around and with a face showing fear and panic before walking into the bathroom. Running footsteps are heard outside as Greg suddenly burst through the front door.

Greg: STEVEN! I came as fast as I could! Are you okay? *Quickly looks around* where's Y/N is he okay?

Steven: Yeah, he's in the bathroom.

Greg: *notices the gems on the table* Holy ssssssshhhhhhe really got everybody! *sees the heart-shaped gem* Is that her? *he sits down next to Steven*

Steven: Yeah.

Greg: Who?

Steven: No idea.

Greg: Why!?

Steven: No idea.

Greg: HOW?

Steven: She hit me and the gems with this.

Steven pulls out her scythe activating it which makes Greg jump at its sight. Steven deactivates it putting it back into his pocket.

Steven: Dad it did something extra weird to me, and now. None of my powers are working. *sighs* Look. *he tries to bring out his shield which fades almost instantly*

Greg: Well, son, now you know how I feel almost all the time. But you know what else? Any moment now, the Gems are gonna do that thing where they glow and float in the air and reappear better than ever!

As if on cue Pearls gem started to glow.

Greg: See here she comes! Good old Pearl!

It levitates into the air but instead of Pearl, it was an...oyster?

Greg: Ummm Well, this is new.

Oyster: Please identify yourself.

Greg: *looks on surprised yet puzzled* Um, Greg Universe?

Oyster: Greetings, Um Greg Universe. Please state preferred customization option.

Greg: Uh, Steven? What am I supposed to say?

Steven: I-I don't know. *slight panic in his voice*

Oyster: Default setting selected. Please stand by.

The oyster begins to grow and open up revealing Pearl, but she's different. She is now wearing a pink laced tutu with a baby blue top and shoulder puffs. She steps out of the oyster as it disappears and looks at the two.