Chapter 78

Chapter 78 - Dad, why don't you and mom sleep together? (2)

"Baby, dad and mom aren't going to divorce, but you don't have to worry. Your dad and I aren't unhappy," Ruan Xia slowly said, "You're too young to understand matters between adults. When you're a little older, mom will explain it to you. I want to tell you something else. I hope that you can keep it in my mind. Your dad and I love you a lot. Even if one day we're no longer husband and wife, it won't affect our love for you."

Little Wang didn't quite understand her words, but he still nodded. "I got it. You and dad really won't divorce?"

Ruan Xia didn't know whether to laugh or cry. "Yup."

"Then why don't you guys sleep together?"

Ruan Xia thought it over before suggesting, "Why don't you go ask your dad?"

She had answered this question before, but it was obvious that the previous answer she gave couldn't fool the child anymore.

And so, she decided to throw the ball to Song Tingshen.

"Okay." Little Wang was revived. He hopped off of her lap and two quick steps toward the door before turning around and rushing back into her arms like a little cannonball. Hugging her waist, he asked, "Mom, are you happy?"

Ruan Xia nodded honestly. "Very happy."

Even though she woke up as another person and there were moments when she missed her parents, she believed that it was pointless to dwell on those thoughts. It would only be stirring up unhappiness for herself. Besides, from a pragmatic point of view, was there any reason for her to be unhappy?

"That's good." Little Wang was relieved. "I just want mom to be happy. I'm happy when mom is happy."

"Such a good son."

---

"Dad, why don't you and mom sleep together?"

Faced with his son's question, Song Tingshen didn't know how to answer.

He thought of Ruan Xia's previous answer and used her excuse. "Because your mom sleeps late and wakes up late. I don't want to bother her."

Little Wang snorted. "I'm not one of those little kids that's easily tricked. Dad, you said that a person has to be honest. Don't be dishonest with me just because I'm a kid."

Song Tingshen: "..."

He didn't know what had happened. Ruan Xia hadn't given him the heads up through a WeChat message.

Once again, Song Tingshen was at a loss of words in front of his son.

Why didn't he sleep together with Ruan Xia?

Because they didn't get married out of love. Besides, Ruan Xia had been pregnant when they got married, and the two of them had already come to a common understanding by then. And so, from the first night of their marriage, they hadn't slept together.

But, how could he explain to his son that his parents only got married because of him and they didn't have feelings for each other? That's why they didn't sleep together.

Early on, Song Tingshen had set down the resolution that he would be a good father, an honest father, a father that could be friends with his child. But at this moment, he really couldn't tell the truth.

"Do you want mom and dad to sleep together?" Song Tingshen didn't answer his son's question.

Little Wang thought it over and said, "Other kids' parents sleep together."

An indirect yes.

Song Tingshen already knew that their son was growing up, and Ruan Xia and his previous way of getting along wouldn't work. It wouldn't have any benefit to Little Wang's development. That's why he had forced himself to have a talk with her.

But now, should he and Ruan Xia sleep together in the same bed?

No, that was obviously an undesirable outcome.