Chapter THREE

Alexandrea's P.O.V

So after school, my bestie got into her car and I got into mine. We both headed to our cars and drove to our homes. I got home and entered the house going straight to my favorite room in the house.

The kitchen.

I checked the fridge and found some leftover spaghetti. I was okay with it as long as it's food. Putting it in the microwave, I headed upstairs for a shower. My mom shouldn't be home by this time, she usually gets home around evening.

On my way up the stairs, I heard some sobbing and whimpering sounds. I climbed down the stairs and saw my mom sitting under the stairs. Her eyes were bloodshot and her blonde hair was sticking everywhere.

She was holding a bottle of vodka with four more empty bottles on the ground. My heart dropped on seeing her like this. She had always been like this since what happened to Dad. She always drank and talked to herself alot. She didn't see me walking over. I helped her to her room and she slept off after some crying sessions .I went to the kitchen and ate my spaghetti. I left for my room after that.

I stripped out of my clothing and hopped in the shower. As the water ran down my stubborn brown and wavy waist length hair. I closed my eyes and the memories of what I went through brushed my mind.

I traced the large scar on my abdomen and on my lap. The ones on my legs and arms were barely visible now. Some were on my legs as well. I remembered all the pain and torture before my dad was arrested.I sat on the expensive tiled floor and cried. I cried till I couldn't breathe properly.

Since my dad was arrested I've been having nightmares. I dressed up in tank top and khaki shorts then cried myself to sleep.

As usual, I was in another unknown place. Then I saw him. The man who ruined my life. He had a menacing smile on his face and he was walking towards me. I panicked and started running but I wasn't. I was running but I wasn't moving. It's like I was running on a spot. I turned around and came face to face with my father. He lashed me across the face and punched me in the abdomen as I fell on the ground helplessly.

I screamed as he continued kicking me in the ribs. I kept on screaming but he wouldn't stop. I felt myself losing breath and my eyelids started to feel heavy. I couldn't feel any pain, everything was just numb. Eventually, I stopped breathing.

"No, no! no!" I shot up from my bed. I was shaking with sweat. I checked the time and saw that it was 1am. I decided to do my homework and by the time I finished the time was 2:04am. I decided to leave the house for some fresh air. I know it's weird and insecure for me to leave the house at this time but I needed to cool my head.

I got into my car and drove to a beach that was a few miles away. The sounds of crashing waves always calmed me. I removed my shoes and headed to the shore as I sunk my feet in the sand. I closed my eyes to relish the feeling. I exhaled out loudly feeling better and grinning.

"Unable to sleep?" I heard a male raspy voice say.

I jumped in surprise as I met a pair of green eyes. I widened my eyes in fear and started walking back to my car. My mom always warned me about strangers. Especially ones like this.

I turned around immediately and started walking towards my car.

"Hey! Wait!" He called out as he started following me. I cursed under my breath and walked faster. I almost reached where my car was but he grabbed my arm. I turned around swiftly and yanked my arm away from him ignoring the tingling feeling.

"What the fuck do you want?" I turned to face him now.

"Hey, calm down there" he said as his eyes roamed my body. I suddenly felt self conscious in my khaki shorts and tank top.
"Nice shorts by the way" he said after his journey round my body. I narrowed my eyes at him and felt anger surge through me.

I grabbed a fist of his shirt and yanked him towards me in anger.

"Stay away from me. You hear that?" I threatened in a low voice while clenching my teeth. I released my hold from his shirt expecting a terrified expression only to be met with a smirk and an amused look. His stupid smirk. I huffed and got into my car.

"I don't know your name" He asked again as I was starting the engine.

"Because I didn't tell you sweetheart "I smirked and drove home. I glanced at the time, 3:45am. I parked my car in the garage and headed to my room to get ready for school. But I just kept getting distracted. I couldn't get those deep green eyes off my mind and that stupid smirk which just made me hate him. I threw on a top with blue dungarees and white converse then applied little make up to cover my tired face.

I took my bag and saw my mom cooking in the kitchen. I've always wanted to be a chef. Have a restaurant of mine and stuff.

" Morning Mom" I greeted and dropped my school bag on the couch .

" Morning baby" she replied while serving the food on the dining table.
She looked at me with guilt.

"Look honey, I'm sorry for last night. I just got carried away with everything and I started drinking and I lost count of the drinks. Darling, I know you are disappointed at me and I..." she started rambling. She didn't notice me come to her side of the table as I gave her a hug. She hugged me tighter and pulled away. I went back to my seat and we started talking about random stuff.

I finished eating and put my hair in a ponytail. I took my bag and got into my car. I drove to school and didn't see Bexlee so I just went to class. I sat at the back as usual and started sketching. The class started and the teacher announced the arrival of some new students. I looked up to listen to the introduction of the new students and I met a pair of green eyes.

Oh fuck! He's in my school now?!

××××××××××××××××××××
Hello sweethearts,

So..what do you think of this chapter?
Don't forget to vote comment and follow.

Enjoy😘😘

28/5/2020