28.

Another surprise awaited Amara as the two of them made their way to the Dining Halls of the great castle. She was unaware of its presence. For as long as she had resided there, she had always known the Royals to have their meals in the Garden in midst of nature. 

Not there was much nature to enjoy anyway since the winter had taken over. 

The table was much larger than the one outside and was complemented with comfortable chairs with eccentric patterns on it. A giant chandelier hung from the arches, emitting light in all directions causing the polished plates and candle stands to glow like they were made of gold. Amara guessed that they actually were. 

When the Prince guided her to the hall, at the far end of the table. There was a fireside, that blazed wildly behind the throne-like chair, the only difference being that it was made of wood. The Queen sat to his right and next to her was Sir Rowan. 

King Samuel's face lit up when he saw them, 'It went well, Prince Damien?'

The Queen smiled at her son while her brother didn't attempt to hide his enormous grin. 

Amara was a little confused. When she looked at the Prince inquisitively, she noticed that his ears were flushed red. 

'Yes, father,' He spoke in his strong voice and then glanced at Amara, 'Lady Amara agreed.'

It was only then she realized that Prince Damien was talking about his proposal. She was rendered speechless as warmth blossomed in her heart again. She blushed profusely as he guided her to the chairs that were on the left. It puzzled her. Her usual place was at the other end of the table instead, the Prince led her to the chair that was just opposite to Sir Rowan's. 

Once she was seated, he took his place between her and the King. 

'Oh dear, you look sick,' the Queen addressed Amara. 

All three eyes were on her. She pursed her lips, 'I'm fine, Your Highness. Thank you for your concern.'

Queen Ravenna waved her hand dismissively, 'No bother.' She wore a brilliant smile which immediately had Amara think of the dream she had. The Queen looked so beautiful. She almost looked like a different person. There were no icy-edges to her tone and no stoic gestures she was known for. If one saw her now, they would say she looked carefree. 'I know the courtship has just begun but I would like to acknowledge something. You are like a daughter to me.'

'To us,' the King smiled, kindly as he amended his Queen's words. 

Amara was moved to tears. She perceived the love of a family, after all her years of only existing

Prince Damien was well aware that she was crying because she was too happy. He reached for his kerchief and handed it to her. As he did, he smiled at his parents, glad that they had accepted her. 

There was nothing more he could ask for. 

She took the plain white kerchief from the Prince and dabbed her eyes. 'Thank you,' she expressed her newly formed bond with them with her hoarse and heavy voice. She held onto the cloth for some time and thankfully he didn't ask for it back. 

'If the Prince desires, I could give him some advice on how to court a woman,' Sir Rowan spoke for the first time. 

'Why, dear brother, that is a wonderful idea,' Queen Ravenna chuckled as she turned to her son, 'I do remember Rowan being very popular among the ladies in his youth.'

When she noticed how red the Prince's ears were, she laughed. 

'No, thank you, Uncle,' Prince Damien quipped, clearly embarrassed. The three Royals chortled heartily and Amara joined them. 

'I see, the Prince is as confident as ever,' a new voice joined. 

Jeremiah walked in with Felicia. He helped his wife sit next to Rowan and then took a seat beside her. 

'Were you outside all this while eavesdropping on our conversation?'

'Yes, I was just waiting for the right time to make an entrance.'

Felicia gave Amara a quick smile and then addressed the Prince, 'He's sporting, Prince Damien.' She shot her husband a mocking glare. 

In another few minutes, Tyhane, Phoebe along with their kids entered the hall and the breakfast was served. 

There was much chatter around the table. Even if Amara didn't say much, she witnessed a change. The Royals seemed closer now. She attributed it to the handsome Prince who sat next to her, grinning and participating in the conversations he never used to before. 

She smiled at him and made a small promise to herself that she would always protect the Crown Prince with all her heart and all her soul because he was a wonderful person and the light of the Kingdom, a Prince whose heart was made of gold. 

I'll cherish him, always, she vowed.