THIRTY-ONE

31 | THE OATH

31 | THE OATH

   THE romance between Sonny and Gil ended as soon as the trip to the mall was over. Both of them were beside themselves, but they exchanged phone numbers and promised to chat on the phone every day. Sonny had even said that she would try to convince her parents to allow her to transfer back to Auradon Prep, but then again, Sonny had also said she would miss her friends at Dynasty Academy.

Though, seeing as her parents lived nearer to Auradon, Sonny would be visiting as much as she could. While Winter, Mal, Ben, Harry, Uma, and Gil all rode back together, Sonny was left to wait at the front of the mall for the group of friends she had come with.

Sonny and they had a long drive back to Dynasty Academy, after all. However, with the new roadway that was built—it should only take them around seven hours to get back. Yeah, they had left extremely early that morning and would not get back until way late.

Though, seven hours was much shorter than what the trip used to be. Sixteen hours was what the drive had been before the new roadway was built three years ago.

Before Gil had left, she kissed him on the cheek making the poor boy blush the whole ride home. Despite this, he was blabbering on about Sonny the entire ride back to the school. While it was cute at first, by the end of it Uma, Harry, and Mal wanted to throw themselves out of the car.

Winter, Mal, and Ben helped the Sea Three get their bags to their room. Gil was more than happy with his new stuff, immediately finding a place for it all. Uma and Harry were equally as happy, though neither would admit it. While Winter was nearly tossed in the air from Gil's gratitude, she merely got a grumbled "thank you" from Harry and Uma. Winter was not complaining though, because she could see deep down just how grateful they were.

It was late enough when they got back that Winter saw it as her time to start getting ready for bed. Harry was, of course, keen on trying to come with her, but Winter was able to distract him by pointing out that Gil was beating his high score on one of the video games.

Harry did not take too kindly to that and quickly grabbed a controller before screwing Gil up on his quest to beating Harry's score. It was just enough of a distraction that Winter was able to slip from the room with a simple "goodnight" to Uma.

The rest of October passed by in a blur with not anything more exciting than Winter managing to teach Harry how to count to ten in their tutoring sessions. Harry was still adamant in his advances toward her, but the Swords and Shields team practices began to take up much of his time as Jay and Lonnie were preparing for the first match.

The first match was just around the corner and the two captains were trying to go undefeated for the season. Harry and Uma were the best on the teams other than Jay and Lonnie themselves, and Uma was even co-captain of the girl's team. Jay had been considering making Harry co-captain of the boy's team for the simple fact that Harry was already used to correcting and teaching people.