PROLOGUE

A loud ringing sound reverberates throughout the massive penthouse, and a dark haired girl laying in her bed groans in annoyance. Her pale hand sticks out and fumbles for her phone. She taps the green icon and holds it up to her ear.

"What?" She snaps.

"Meredith, love. How lovely to hear your voice." Comes a familiar sound from the other side.

Her eyes snapped open. They were a pale blue-green, very unique. Her breathing got slightly heavier at the sound of his voice. "Niklaus."

"Yes, it is I."

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" She rolls her eyes as she swings her legs off the bed, walking out of her bedroom and towards the kitchen.

"I need your help."

"And why, pray tell, would I help you?" She opens the fridge and pulls out a cold blood bag. Meredith places her phone on the counter and turns on the speaker as she opens the blood bag and places it in her mouth, sipping.

"Because it's an issue with the coffins."

That got her attention, and she placed the blood bag down, concentrating on the phone. "What do you mean an issue with the bloody coffins?"

"I mean, someone stole them. I want them back."

"You mean to tell me, that someone stole my husband's coffin?" Her voice came enraged to the hybrid on the other side. "You couldn't even keep him safe?"

"Apologies. I was preoccupied killing Mikael."

"So sorry, I must have misheard you. Did you say, you killed Mikael?"

"Oh, yes. He's gone. I was going to undagger everyone. But, seems I can't do that now since the coffins are gone. That enough motivation to come to Mystic Falls and help me?" Klaus knew how to get her to help him, he knew which buttons to push, because while Meredith Lester was the infamous Manslayer, he knew one of her only weaknesses was her husband, a man that was in one of the coffins that Stefan Salvatore took from him.

"I'll be there shortly." She hung up and clenched her fists, the knuckles turning white. Then, she reached out and emptied the blood bag into her mouth before heading into her bedroom. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and boy was she fucking scorned.

Klaus smirked on the other side. Stefan Salvatore would regret what he had done, especially with Meredith on his side.

MEANWHILE AT THE MYSTIC GRILL, MYSTIC FALLS, VIRGINIA

"Ah, ah- I'm not saying you have any attractive looks, I'm saying this is my least favourite one..." Elena denied finding the older Salvatore attractive, smiling.

Damon nodded. "Noted. I'll see if I can make any improvements."

Suddenly a voice from behind them spoke. A familiar voice that caused Elena to whirl around, an alarmed look painted all over her face. "Don't mind me." The blonde hybrid smirked.

"Klaus." Elena frowned.

Damon looked around. "You gonna do this in the Grill? In front of everyone? It's a little beneath you, don't you think?"

Klaus begins walking closer to Damon and Elena. "I don't what you are talking about. I just came down to my local pub to grab a drink with a mate." He looks behind him at a man that he had follow Elena this morning. "Get a round in, would you, Tony?"

When he looks at the doppelganger once more, he's pleased to see the shocked look on her face. Damon continues, "I'm surprised you stuck around town long enough for happy hour."

The smile disappears from Klaus' face. "My sister seems to be missing. Need to sort that out."

"Cute, blonde bombshell, psycho. Shouldn't be too hard to find."

Klaus takes a few more steps forward, trying to intimidate the younger vampire. "Truth is..." he pauses, "I've grown to rather like your little town. Thinking I might fancy a home here." He grabs the darts from Damon's hand, and walks forward, heading towards the dartboard. "Oh, I imagine you're wondering, how does this affect you? The answer is, not in the slightest. As long as I get wat I want and everyone behaves themselves, you can go on living your little lives however you choose. You have my word."

Elena looks panicked. "What more could you possibly want?"

Klaus holds out the dart, pointing it at Elena. "Well, for starters, you can tell me where I might find Stefan."

Damon moves closer, trying to protect Elena. "Stefan skipped town the second he saved your ass."

"Well, you see, that is a shame." Klaus tosses the dart at the board, nailing the bullseye. Then, he turns back to the other two, a bitter look on his face. "Your brother stole from me. I need him found so I can take back what's mine."

"That sounds like a Klaus and Stefan problem." Elena replies.

"Well, this is me broadening the scope, sweetheart."

Just as he says that, the door to the Grill slams open and a dark haired woman walks in, sunglasses over her eyes. She slips them off once in the darkness of the Grill, revealing her beautiful blue eyes. Her eyes scan the Grill, and a grim smile overtakes her red lips once she spots Klaus.

"Damon, who's that woman? Why's she coming here?" Elena hissed.

"I have no idea." Damon hissed back.

"Consider her my backup." Klaus smirks as the woman gets closer. "Meredith, love, so glad to see you made it. Any problems on the way?"

"None I couldn't deal with." She replied, an accent identical to his. "And do stop with the pleasantries, you and both know I don't like you."

"So, why are you here, then?" Elena spoke up, causing Meredith to look over at her, eyebrows raised.

"Why are you alive?" Then she turned to Klaus. "Why is she alive? Shouldn't she be dead? Considering your curse is broken and all?"

"Long story. But, yes, love, do tell them why you're here." Klaus waved his hand, dismissing it.

"I'm here to help Niklaus get his coffins back, because some idiot stole them."

"That idiot would be my brother." Damon spoke.

"Your brother, hm?" Meredith looked him over. "Interesting. I could kill you. Maybe that will make him return them?"

"That won't work. Klaus compelled his emotions off. He won't feel a thing."

"Of course he did. Niklaus, what is wrong with you?" Meredith rolled her eyes. "Wait, don't answer that, we'll be here all day." Then, she turned to Elena. "Just because I don't like Niklaus, does not mean I can be swayed to your side. I will be getting those coffins back, one way or another. Your choice whether is ends in bloodshed or not."

Then, she turned and left, leaving Damon and Elena in shock. "Who is that?" The girl asked Klaus.

"My sister-in-law."

"Elijah's married?"

"Heavens, no!" Klaus laughs. "Her and Elijah would be terrible together. No, I have other brothers. She's married to one of them. I suggest you not cross Meredith. She was nicknamed the Manslayer for a reason." Klaus then left the bar, leaving the pair to their thoughts, wondering about this new problem, this new killer they had to worry about now.