CHAPTER THREE

*meredith's dress for the ball is above*

NEXT MORNING, MIKAELSON MANSION, MYSTIC FALLS, VIRGINIA

The next morning, Meredith woke up and when she looked to her side, she saw her soulmate fast asleep, his face peaceful and brown hair flopping over his forehead. She smiled and brushed her fingers through it gently, as to not wake him up, before she sat up and went to the bathroom with a change of clothes.

After she brushed her teeth and washed her face, she got dressed and then brushed her hair, and tied it up in a messy bun. She did her makeup, layering on her signature red lip and some eyeliner and mascara before walking out of the bathroom.

She headed for her shoes and grabbed a pair of heeled ankle boots, slipping them on silently before walking downstairs to the kitchen. Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah were all there. Elijah was reading the newspaper, a mug of something hot gripped in his hand, Klaus had a crystal glass of an amber coloured liquid, and Rebekah was rummaging through the fridge.

"Morning."

They all looked up and Elijah and Rebekah replied back, smiles on their faces. Klaus simply nodded. "Bekah, toss me a blood bag please. They're in the bottom drawer in the fridge."

Rebekah nodded and pulled out two blood bags, tossing one to her sister-in-law and keeping the other for herself. Meredith opened the bag and stuck it in her mouth, squeezing it to get every last drop of blood out of it. "I miss drinking from the vein."

"When did you last drink from the vein?" Elijah asked, placing his newspaper on the kitchen island.

"Before I came to Mystic Falls. I haven't had the time, and also, knowing the people that live here, they're all very irritating, so if I was to drink from one of them, I would kill them. And I'd rather not have to run from investigations again." She finished the blood bag and tossed it in the trash.

"Again?" Rebekah asked.

"There was maybe a century, after the first time Kol was daggered, I think, when I turned my emotions off. People called me the Manslayer." Meredith explained.

"I'm glad you and Kol are back together, Mer."

"I am too, Bekah. Thank you." Meredith smiled at her best friend.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you! Mother says we're hosting a ball tonight. Invitations are being sent out already." Rebekah remembered, piping up, a big smile on her face.

"What did I tell you?" Kol sped into the room, wrapping his arms around Meredith from behind. He was dressed in some clothes that had been left on the bed, clothes he presumed someone had been compelled to bring him so he wouldn't look weird when shopping.

"Suppose you were right, Kol. We get to dress up now." Meredith smiled as she turned around and kissed him briefly before pulling away. "I'm taking Kol to buy some new clothes."

"Be back by the afternoon. There are tailors coming to make the suits for my brothers." Rebekah said.

"Will do. See you all later." Meredith linked her and Kol's fingers and dragged him outside to where her beautiful car sat. A Bugatti. "This is my baby."

"I thought I was your baby." Kol pouted, causing his wife to giggle.

"You are, but I got another one while you were gone. She's brilliant." Meredith let go of Kol's hand and opened the driver's door, before sitting in the car. Kol walked to the other side and sat in the passengers seat.

As soon as he was in and buckled up, Meredith started the car, grinning at the roar it made, and then she revved the engine and raced out of the driveway of the mansion and headed for one of the malls.