Chapter 21: Milo

The sand between my freshly manicured toes, the sun on my skin, and the water swelling around me and then retreating into the sea from the shore was a welcomed change. The moment we docked I stripped down to nothing and found what would be my favorite place at my new home, our new home.

I had loved the winter until I experienced it in that cabin, even with two other bodies next to mine it was nearly too much to bear. Now there were seagulls and palm trees to get used to.

My coconut, delivered by a butler, sat next to me. They had cracked it open, and a metal straw stuck out from the side. I took a sip of its milk, wrinkling my nose at the taste. I would make myself love it, even if it took me forever. I wanted to become fully immersed in my new space.

I wanted to shed the bad memories, let go of the pain that came with losing my father. Forgive my mother even though we had lost contact and find a way to move on from taking Parker's life and the border patrol officer who's name was Gregory Phillips.

"You've been out here all day, you're going to burn," Aurelio said in Spanish. I had not tranistioned to using the language as my primary.

"I'm just enjoying the warm weather." I said.

"We were on a boat for a month, you've seen the sea plenty."

I turned to Deandre who was without clothing as well, Aurelio only wore sandals. I smiled at my partners and motioned for them to sit down next to me. Once they did, I rocked back, seeing lighter scars from my nails scraping their backs.

"A year ago could you have imagined we would still breathe let alone seeing the sunset behind the ocean?" Deandre placed a hand on my lower back and Aurelio kissed the side of my head.

"No, I can't honestly say that I saw any of this," Aurelio replied.

"I just want to savor this moment, before you two start off trying to run this island and before I have to figure out what I will do with my time."

"You can always help us if you want, we could use what's in that big head of yours," Deandre joked. I elbowed him but couldn't stop myself from laughing.

"I need to find my own thing, if this is going to last, we all will," I said. Their hands began roaming over my body, and lips were meeting exposed skin. A cool island breeze whistled past us as they pushed me onto my back and they took control. I knew where this was going and I was happy to follow along.

Thoughts about the future could wait till tomorrow, I had more important things to think about. I had two people who meant more to me than anything else in the world to please, which was all this journey had led to.