Chapter 14: Festival

Taiji watched as the boys fought over the barbecue. She was helping Yachi to get food from the grill.

"Thanks for helping me senpai," Yachi let out a nervous laugh, "These big guys are really intimidating."

The female captain dropped another piece of meat onto the shorter girl's plate, "No problem at all, these big dudes are absolutely dorks anyways."

Taiji glanced over to Kuroo, who was scolding Bokuto for stealing their meat. She grinned at his loud yelling as he grabbed Bokuto's collar.

"You're head over heels for him, eh?" The other manager from Karasuno, Kiyoko, came over.

"I could say the same thing for your fan club," Taiji pointed to Tanaka, Noya, and Yamamoto. The three were running around the field trying to scare the other boys who had eyes on Kiyoko.

"Fair enough," The three girls laughed, "The festival is tonight right?"

Taiji flashed a thumbs up, confirming her question, "There's gonna be fireworks."

The conversation went on as some of the other managers joined the conversation, the conversation ended with the girls giggling at the dumb things their boys had done throughout the week.

~~~

Soon enough evening came.

Everyone was getting ready to head to the festival, but the female captain was extremely nervous.

Her team hardly ever saw Taiji nervous. Their captain was the calm and collected type.

Happy, scary, and emotionless.

But Taiji was pacing back and forth, fiddling with her fingers. Yuko laughed at her best friend, saying she had never seen her so anxious before.

"Don't be nervous, captain." Harumi tried to console Taiji, "You're just giving him an answer, right?"

Taiji stared at her kouhai with a blank face, "You're right, I'm just giving him an answer."

~~~

As everyone loaded onto the bus, Taiji found herself picking the seat furthest away from Kuroo. Despite her team's best efforts to get her to sit near the bedhead.

"Why am I so nervous Harumi?" Taiji covered her face with her hands, "I'm never this nervous."

"Are you gonna reject him?" That was the quiet first year's response, which left a horrified look on the female captain.

"I- I don't think so?" Harumi quietly giggled, Taiji never stuttered, "I'm making this a much bigger problem than it needs to be, aren't I?"

Harumi merely nodded her head, which made the frustrated 3rd year slump into her seat.

"I'm glad I have you, ya know?" Taiji gave Harumi a pat on the back, "If it was any of the other girls they probably would have made this a bigger problem."

"You do the same for all of us too." Harumi smiled at her captain.

"By the way, how are things going for you and Hinata?" Taiji nudged the 1st year.

Harumi turned to a light shade of pink, "Shoyo and I will be hanging out together later."

The female captain's eyes lit up instantly, "First name basis, I see."

Harumi's blush darkened, "It's nothing like that!"

Taiji put her arm around Harumi's shoulder, "I'm happy for you either way."