48

"Hyung, is this for tomorrow?"

"Yes, put them in the freezer," Henry directed Hyun Wook, as he brought in a box of frozen beef slices from the back door.

He walked towards the freezer when Henry called out to another kitchen staff. "Geunji, hold the door for Hyun Wook."

The staff quickly opened the freezer door, standing against it as he let Hyun Wook go in with the frozen.

As Henry watched them, he turned to the opened kitchen door and saw Yoon Hee was on the laptop, having a video call.

"Yoon Hee ah! You with her?" he asked, eyes back on the two guys at the freezer.

"Yes!" Yoon Hee responded back.

"Tell her about the freezer!"

"What is it about the freezer?" Hyun Ae's question could be heard by Henry, so he walked out from the kitchen towards Yoon Hee, and saw Hyun Ae on the screen.

"The door's kinda broken. It can be closed, but to open it from the inside, you need skills. The handle from the inside, I think they're loose. So if anyone wants to take out or bring in the ingredients, one needs to look out for the door. Since you know... they would close by itself," Henry briefly explained the problem.

"Ah... I see. So the owner was right. How many do you guys need for a new one?"

"No, no. We can still use it. We don't need a replacement for now. We'll just make sure that no one will be alone in the freezer," Yoon Hee stated, chuckling as she noticed her surprised expression.

"Oh. That sounds creepy."

"Nah, we're used to it by now. Plus, we need to save a bit of money. So..." Henry began to ask, crossing his arms as he proceeded. "When will you come home?"

"I... haven't decided yet."

"Well, we hope you'll be okay soon. We miss you, girl. It's almost the third month since you left. The others keep asking us."

"Well, I miss you guys too."

*

"Hyunnie, look who's here!"

"Huh?" Hyun Ae mumbled, looking away from her laptop upon her mother's call.

After she excused herself from Yoon Hee, she walked towards the front of the house where her mother was standing, and then there was someone at the door.

"Oh, Rayyan? What are you doing here?" she asked in confusion, stepping aside as her mother allowed him to enter.

Then they were left alone as her mother excused herself to go back to her room.

"Just... I bought this for you. Your favorite Ramly burger(1)," he said, showing her a plastic bag.

"You know you don't have-"

"No, I don't want to hear it," Rayyan chortled as they reached the dining room.

Both of them sat down as he placed the take-outs on the table, but Hyun Ae immediately stood up back as she remembered something.

"Oh, wait. I'm on a call with my friends." She immediately made a run towards the living room, where her laptop was. "Hello? Yoon Hee?"

"Yes. We're still here," Yoon Hee said, waving her hand at her.

"Uh... um... Can you call Hyun Wook? There's someone here he should meet," Hyun Ae asked, before running back to the dining room and grabbing Rayyan, dragging him back to the living room.