30| Godfather

• • •

"I'm fucked."

Was the only words that escaped her mouth as she took measured steps away from the scene before her. Backing away from the sight that was sure to lessen the length of her life expectancy under the bastard who went by Alonzo.

The throbbing pain in her finger a reminder of how far the people in this place were willing to go, wherever this place was. Not only that but the woman lying before her certainly won't bring a pardon to her situation.

Stupid. Fucking Stupid move Ameena!

She berated herself, wanting to rip her hair out but was held back by the pain from her hand that she had aggravated with such quick movements. Her other painless hand was holding up the towel, that had dropped one too many times, with difficulty.

She shook violently.

Not with regret though 'cause fuck that lady and her tight bun.

It was more from the consequences she was sure to suffer for such an action.

She wasn't sure they would appreciate her kicking one of their own into a state of unconsciousness. Ameena's eyes then snapped to the bundle of hair at the ground beside her, she couldn't stop the cringe that followed.

Maybe she went too far. Her rage and anger from everything including Bianca, her situation, Alonzo, Alex and more simply exploded as she reached her breaking point. Even if giving the woman the worst haircut ever was satisfying a few moments ago, it surely didn't feel as good now.

To make it worse, the lady went down from one kick badly aimed at her temple, one kick. It was humorous. You'd think she'd at least know how to defend herself with the amount of audacity she had residing inside her.

Madame my ass.

Ameena turned and hurried, the woman had brought a dress that was thankfully easy to throw on, it was definitely formal and the cleavage area went a little too deep. Not only that, she didn't even have enough sympathy. Was a pair of ballet flats too much to ask for? With the way her body ached the simplistic pair of four inch heels were going to take her straight to hell.

It was better than being barefooted though.

Ameena put them where she could see them for when Alonzo or whoever came to escort her.

When Ameena had finally finished wrestling with her hair with a broken finger, managing to tie it back decently with a hair band she found after five full minutes of searching, she turned back to the woman who was out like a light. Her heart dropping once more at the thought of someone walking in on this scene.

The door clicking almost made her leap off the ground. She spun around in a flash to see another woman. Both froze, Her staring at Ameena then on the woman behind her who lie unconscious. But, Ameena's eyes weren't looking at her, rather, it was on the two men that stood behind her.

Ameena heart took a dive down into her stomach with quickness as both men hurried shoved the woman out of the way and stepped over the threshold.

• • •

Ameena woke up disoriented, everything in a blur, moreso the events that had happened after the men burst into the room. Only the vague feelings she could remember, like how hard it was to breath as both men tackled her, restraining her as the police would to a criminal.

Oh the irony.

She remembered her vision going black from the lack of oxygen from the one that had shoved her head into the grown, hand on her throat to stop her from flailing.