Chapter 13

Haley

He's richer than I thought- we flew to New York in a private plane.I doubt I will have that experience again. He ignored me for the rest of the trip which I didn't really mind.

The place was as busy as I've heard. Instead of Stephen or Grant driving, it was another stranger whom I was not introduced to-again. I stopped myself from introducing myself because Archer seemed like if I say something at the moment he's going to burst. I don't know what's wrong with this child.

The man who was driving seemed in his mid forty's or more. He greeted Archer and looked at me with amusement and give me a quick Hello before loading our things in the car. We drove to Downtown Brooklyn and I saw lots of high rise buildings and Hayden, the man who was driving us-drove to the inside of a beautiful apartment building.Hayden parked the car in one of the parking spaces.

"Come." He said and I looked at our bags and he rolled his eyes. "Hayden will manage."

He punched some digit and said, "I will give you the details later, so every time you come in from here, you have to punch those digits to access the elevator." And the door opened. We stood quietly in the elevator. I was playing with my fingers. I don't know how I feel about being here. If I was here for vacation I know when I will be returning to Seattle, but I'm not here on vacation and I don't know when will I be returning home.

He sighed. "Don't make me feel guilty now." He said breaking the silence.

"I'm not doing anything." I looked at him.

"You are quiet and you are fiddling with your thumb." He pointed out.

"I thought you didn't want to talk." I said.

"I rather you talk to me than to keep quiet.I'm sorry we can't go to Seattle first, but I said I will make it up to you."

"I know. I'm nervous because I've never been to New York before."

"You will do just fine." He assured as the door opened to a beautiful big apartment. The floor was wooden and clean, and I could see the large living room from here.

"I still have to look for apartment that meet both of our requirement. For now, we will be staying here. If it bothers you, you can have one wing of the apartment and I promise not to go there until it's very necessary."

"It's fine." I said. I'm too tired to talk about our arrangements. "I'm sleepy."

"You are always sleepy." He teased. I think I like his playful self- at least it doesn't intimidate me that much. "Let's have breakfast first."

"I want to sleep." I whined. I didn't sleep much in the plane.

"Eat a little, please?" He said softly.

"Fine." I said. "Since you said it so nicely."

"Perfect. I will tell Mrs. Nolan to make us something."

"I want to shower first."

"I will show you to your room." He said. "Do you want it to be upstairs or downstairs?"

"Where are you?" I asked and he smirked.

"Upstairs. Should I show you a room upstairs?"