Monaco

The two had arrived in Monaco, the country pegged as a "billionaire's playground". Maddie had been a few times when she was younger with her father.

The warm weather and the bright sun instantly brought her back to those days she spent with her father, those now just a distant memory.

"My father should be at the hotel already" Chuck stated.

"Woah, you did not tell me I was crashing a Bass Christmas" Maddie said all defensive.

"Please my father won't be able to stay for more than two days without having to get back to work" Chuck commented.

The two exited the limo and walked into the lavish hotel. Chuck all ready in his glory at the women both visiting and working there.

"Chuck" Bart said all serious. Maddie couldn't say if she wanted a father like Bart who is present but mean and cold or her father who was absent a lot but kind hearted.

As Maddie exited the limo she could see the confusion on Bart Bass' face.

"Madeline so nice of you to join us" Bart said happily before looking at Chuck. Maddie plastered a fake smile on her face and walked behind the two.

"So how long have you two been together? Your father and I talked about this a few times you know. We thought you guys would be good together" Bart asked as they sat down at a table poolside for lunch.

"Oh ah-" Maddie began but Chuck instantly cut her off.

"It's early not really official yet" Chuck commented wrapping his arm around Maddie's shoulders. Maddie once again faked a smile, it was becoming a repetitive thing on this trip.

Just as the drinks came, Bart's phone rang and he excused himself from the table.

"What the hell Chuck? I specifically said I was coming as a friend. I definitely don't need my dad thinking we are together. I'll never hear the end of it when I have to tell him we 'broke up' " Maddie whispered.

"Oh please. I'm just giving my father what he wants to hear. Would it hurt you to do the same? That's probably your dad right now making a deal with him. You don't think your dad thought something was up when you told him who you were spending Christmas with?" Chuck said. Maddie saw Bart coming back with an even bigger smile than when he left.

A smile on Bart Bass was a rare occasion.

"Your dad is pleased to hear your spending Christmas with people this year. He's considering joining us for New Years Eve. I have to apologize though as I'll be leaving tonight for New York. Business calls" Bart said.

Maddie looked at Chuck who had the look of I told you so plastered on his face. He downed the drink that sat in front of him.

"Merry Christmas" Chuck said sinisterly.

Over the next few days Chuck and Maddie had strengthened their friendship. They were currently laying poolside, catching rays and sipping on drinks when Chuck decided to ask about Carter.

He already knew some secrets about Maddie and wasn't going to stop at that.

"You never repaid me for saving your life the night of the poker game. Hell I don't even know what I saved you from" Chuck said. Maddie pushed her sunglasses down to the bridge of her nose and faced Chuck.

"I got involved in some bad things. I already told you" Maddie whined trying to end the conversation.

"Look my Christmas gift to you. If you share a secret I'll share one as well" Chuck said with a devilish grin.

Maddie propping herself up on the lounge chair pushed the sunglasses off her face and into her hair.

"Deal" she said. "I got wrapped up in carting off drugs and playing poker games with Carter. It only lasted a couple of weeks but it was enough to be forever involved in Carter Baizen's dealings" Maddie said before sliding the sunglasses back down.

"Interesting" Chuck said.

"Your turn" Maddie responded back. Chuck downed the drink in hand before setting the glass down.

"I brought you here in hopes of getting a certain girl off my mind" Chuck expressed. Maddie instantly intrigued tried to find out who the mystery girl was.

"Oooo who?" Maddie asked.

"Now that's a secret" Chuck said.

"C'mon I shared with you. You gave me the worst secret ever. Hell I wouldn't even call that a secret" Maddie whined.

"Secrets? Sounds fun" Nate said as he walked closer to the two. "I didn't know Maddie was here but then again I shouldn't be surprised when Blair said she couldn't get ahold of either of you"

"Nathaniel glad you could join us" Chuck said standing up and giving Nate a hug.

"I figured why spend the holidays by myself when I can spend it in Monaco. Chuck just happened to be involved" Maddie teased making Nate laugh.

"Have a secret to share with us Nathaniel?" Chuck asked as he handed Nate a martini.

"Actually....Blair and I finally did it" Nate said.

"Blair lost her virginity. That has to be why she's been dying to get in touch with me" Maddie said. Chuck looked mortified and excused himself to go get more drinks.

"So you and Chuck uh?" Nate teased sitting on the lounger next to Maddie. Nate couldn't help but look at Maddie and feel slightly jealous at thought of Chuck and her. She was a beautiful girl.

"Don't be getting the wrong impression Archibald. Chuck asked me to join and I told him it was strictly a friend thing" Maddie explained.

"Nothing with Chuck is every a friends thing" Nate mumbled. Maddie frowned at that comment. Chuck has been pleasurable the whole time not once making a move on her.

"Wanna go for a dip?" Nate asked. Before Maddie could answer Nate picked her up and chucked her into the pool. Diving in behind her.