Chapter 13

That was quite a lot, wasn't it? 
Mostly confusion and complex mixed emotions, not very thrilling, I know. But this has been my story so far and not understanding myself is part of that. Maybe it will make sense in the end, but something tells me we're still very far from the ending. 

Anyway, I recon you guys are more interested in what happened next, so let me give you a quick recap. 
I didn't tell the others what was on the scroll immediately. Of course I was supposed to give a response right away to the five guys on my ship, so I said I was going to come. Even though I hadn't made up my mind yet, I still haven't. But it's better to play as many sides as possible, so now there is a place for me in Auradon should I decide I really wanted it. 

Not long after I got my invitation, it got announced that the VK program had started. Which ment that every once in a while a new group of kids would be taken out of the Isle so they can also live and attent school in Auradon. As far as I know there are two of us who already have their spot reserved, me and Dizzy. The other children can send a request to the king and his advisers, who will decide who else gets taken to Auradon with us. 
Turned out, a lot of them want to leave. I'm not surprised, who doesn't want to leave this hellhole? I know I do. But still, leaving is hard when you have to leave the people you care about behind and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. And of course there is the matter of my 'debt.' The one my father put on me the day he bought his flute... 

As long as I can remember I've always been running errands for someone. Dad would never tell me whom everything I got ordered to steal was for, until the day he died. That day he told me who's dirty work I'd been doing for all these years and why. The why was worse than anything and I really do not want to talk about that. The only people who know are Uma, Harry and Gil and I want to keep it that way for now. 

Shortly after everything, things on the Isle started to change. There now were streets and buildings named after Mal, Jay, Carlos and Evie. I found it weird at first, but now I'm used to it it's not that bad. Especially since a few of those buildings are now safe heavens for Lost Boys and Girls who don't have anywhere else to go. A stupid thing to do without anyone making sure those places actually were- and stayed- save.
That's were I came in. With so many pirates under me, obeying me, I had some guard the places. Making sure the children were saver than anywhere else. Of course this didn't make me very popular. People started to defy me, which is understandable. After all I forbid my people to do as they pleased. But since they quickly found out they could still do everything they wanted to the ones who tried to do anything harmful they started to actually enjoy it.  And the ones that didn't, well, let's say they didn't come very far in life. 
 Don't get me wrong, I'm no saint and life on the Isle was still horrible, but that little spark of hope that grew within every child helped. I mean, not a lot, but still. 

Three months had passed since I received the invitation to join the others in Auradon. We still hadn't heard anything from Uma, but there had been sightings of blue and black tentacles in the waters surrounding the Isle and I was convinced those were from Uma. Assuming the story of Uma fighting Mal as a huge octopus were true. 
I know, three months have passed and still non of us were taken from the Isle, that's a pretty long time. But I can only imagine how much time it costs to arrange things like this. Especially in a place that has laws and stuff. 
Dizzy was very impatient, she couldn't leave soon enough. Me on the other hand... I still hadn't decided what to do. And the day that they would announce the other candidates was closing in. Tomorrow to be exact. Which also was the day they would take them to Auradon.

Yep, time was running out. Unfortunately for me, I was too busy to realize it. 

🐾●°●🐭●°●🐾