𝕃𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕠𝕨𝕟.

—➸—

"How good are you two at hiding?" Zaya said as the two elves conversed quietly away from her, they stared back and realised how close they were

"How good are you two at hiding?" Zaya said as the two elves conversed quietly away from her, they stared back and realised how close they were. "No one enters the town without permission from the master but I don't like him so I don't care but, I'd rather you not get caught." They both stared at me and I looked around the barge, seeing a few crates and barrels and wondering if they could hide themselves in amongst them. It was as if they had read my mind as they walked over and began to make sufficient hiding places.

"Who goes there?" The gatekeepers voice called.
"It's Zaya, I have the herbs for the master so I really can't be delayed." The keeper looked at the contents of the boat and she stood with her hands folded sternly while he did so.
"Go on then, we wouldn't want to keep the master waiting now would we." He said before shouting for the guards to open the gate for her.

They had all eyed her suspiciously as usual, still unsure about the girl, even in all the time she had spent here. She was secretive and unsociable and usually didn't mix with the rest of the town. Most expected some sort of foul secret to go with her, but since they had no proof people would just stare at her. I suppose the only really acquaintance she had made was a boy called Bain. She had spoken to him a few times and he seemed very intelligent, which made a difference from most in the town. However, he had lost his mother and for that she felt for him. He seemed about the only sane person in the town, and the one that wasn't interested in invading her privacy which was strange.

"Okay, follow me, ignore everyone else and they'll ignore you." She picked up the crates and began to walk to the surgery, dropping them off at the back door before telling she was taking the rest of he afternoon off. The physician just yelled back expletives but she didn't care and walked away, the elves following her.

They snuck about a corner and into her house, both seeing its minuscule interior that should definitely only house one person.
"What's all this talk about dwarves? I heard them in the market... is that who you're after?"
"You didn't answer any of our questions, why should we answer yours?" She shook her head.
"Actually I gave you my name in answer to your question, so you owe me answer." Legolas looked at Tauriel nodded a little.

"A band of orcs attacked Mirkwood because of the dwarves, they're hunting them and we're going to find out why." The witch looked around, unfazed by their talk, it was nothing to her. "You don't seem shocked by the fact that orcs should be in this town right now-..." just as he finished they had heard a commotion in a house just beside hers. They knew immediately that it was the orcs.

"We have to go..." he said before leaving the house, leaving Tauriel to thank her and they swiftly made their way to the house which had the ruckus. The witch held her stance, before pulling out the knife and twirling it around in her hands. She contemplated following them, to help them, after all she had only been training to do so for over 12,000 years.

She felt rather drawn to do so with the elven blade in her hand, the weight of it almost nothing in comparison to a mortal blade made the smiths of men. She had wielded many a blade but she couldn't help but miss her blade born of the stars on the first summers eve of the First Age. Antares, it had been named, it's two handed wielding did not limit the movement as it was as light as a feather. It's purpose was to draw the darkness from the soul like poison is drawn from a wound. All that would remain would be the light of the soul... but if no light had existed, the victim would immediately fall. Her coven had forged it themselves for her and she had left it along with everything when she forced herself away from her home.

She stared down at the ring, it's silver band held a light blue jewel, a blue diamond unlike any other. It's rarity created a light when she wanted it and the swirling of the silver surrounding made for a special type of framing for the stone centre piece. As much as it was beautiful, it was a curse to her. For millennia's she had carried it with all the memory of the hell she had been through past those black gates. She heard something outside, a repetitive banging against wood as if someone was punching a wall.

She walked out and saw Legolas is combat with an extremely large orc, neither had seen her yet. She readied the dagger and trusted the weapon in her hand before throwing it into the arm of the orc as it was about to punch Legolas in the face. He roared in pain before removing the knife and slamming the elf to the ground and moving away. She ran and picked up the knife, before helping him up and sliding the knife back in its sheath.

"I bet you're glad I took the knife now." She said and Legolas rolled his eyes, leaning against a beam of the house. A drop of blood running from his nose, he took it on his finger and stared at it in a trance of nausea.
"If you hadn't of taken it, I wouldn't have been in that situation." She smiled before he sped off and pulled a horse from the stables, riding off after the orcs.

She looked over and spotted Bain hiding something in a small boat below the masters statue. She ran over to him and grabbed his shoulder, scaring the life out of him.
"What's that?" She looked down at whatever it was and immediately gasped in fright at the weapon he was hiding. "Where did you get that Bain?" He stammered a little before muttering.
"My da... he's gonna kill the dragon."
Before she could reply they felt a shake of the ground and then a rumbling sound that shaped into a growl that echoed throughout the entire town.
"Bain, you need to get your sisters and get the hell out of here now." She pushed him slightly away and looked down at the arrow. She could feel the fire in his lungs before it ever hit the town and knew immediately what she had to do.

"This is gonna hurt..."