The Ivy League Part 36

“You go first,” I mumbled, when Grace nudged me to get out of the car. Shrugging, she squeezed out of the back seat first. When I was the only one left in the car, I took action.

           I lunged for the driver’s seat, but crashed face-first into the back before I could reach it. I crumpled to the floor of the car, groaning.

           I heard a chuckle and peered up blurrily to see five Jeremys laughing at me. I tend to see multiples whenever I’m dizzy. Slowly, five Jeremys became one.

           “Nice try,” he told me, reaching out one hand to help me up. I scowled at him, ignored the hand, and plunked myself down in the middle seat. There was a satisfying click, and then I sat there, smiling smugly up at Jeremy.

           “I don’t like it when you smile like that,” he told me nervously, “Just let’s go.”

           He took me by the hand and began pulling, but I let out a howl.

           “OW, you blockhead, that hurts! I’m rather attached to my arm, you know.”

           “Oh, for the love of…” Jeremy trailed off when he saw what I’d done. He shook his head, looking up at the sky. Behind him, the sun was setting and light spilled from the huge mansion of Estelle’s house. The music that was pounding was quite distinguishable, and Marianas Trench was now playing “All to Myself.”

           “What on God’s green earth is taking so long?” I heard Jake ask, and then he was beside Jeremy, peering into the car where I sat, smiling at them.

           “She freaking handcuffed herself to the seat,” Jeremy informed Jake, rolling his eyes.

           “She what?” asked a bewildered Jake, and then came to see for himself. His blue eyes narrowed as he took in my wrist in a metal bracelet, attached to the arm of the chair.

           “Where did you get the handcuffs from?” he demanded.

           “You reminded me that I had them when you found my, uh…” I trailed off, glancing at Jeremy.

           Jake gave an evil grin. “When I found your firetruck lacy thong?” he asked seductively, but then the smile slid off his face as he put two and two together. “Oh, God,” he exclaimed, “what the frack were you doing with that thong that reminded you of handcuffs?”

           “Long story,” I rolled my eyes, “and you don’t get to know.”

           “Fine,” scowled Jake, “be that way.”

           And then he was gone, Jeremy following them to where Grace and Jay stood waiting for them. Okay, this wasn’t going to plan.

           “Hey!” I yelled after them, “Wait! Aren’t you gonna take me home?”

           “Nope!” Jake called back, “if we can’t take you to the party, then we’ll take the party to you!”

           “Oi!” I screamed, “No! You can NOT bring people to see this! Let me go!”

           Jake leisurely strolled back over. “Okay. Where are the keys?”

           I smiled. “At home.”

           “Then you’ll have to wait,” Jake sighed sadly, and turned to go again.

           “No, Jake!” I begged after him, “I’m sorry! Just find a way to free me, I don’t want to spend the night out here! If I’m left alone, I’ll be bawling my eyes out. What if some drunk idiot decides to come in? I’ll be helpless! Please, Jake, find a way to get me out!” I sobbed, and then opened one eye to see if it was working.