ℝ𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕎𝕒𝕣.

—➸—

Zaya

Zaya.

As Legolas had instructed we allowed darkness to take over to cover us in our investigation. We had long awaited the darkness to fall in silence while studying each other, but as the sun faded as did the tension.
"I'm a witch of the ancient Hixia coven that became extinct during the second age when the darkness rose and took over Middle Earth. I'm the yeryhixia, the last remaining of my coven and the high priestess that holds power over moon and stars." Legolas squinted his eyes at my reveal, it was not detailed nor intricate but it did answer some of questions over who and what I was. "Zaya Sirius of the Sirius family."

"Sirius... like the largest star in the sky." I nodded and Legolas gazed deep into my eyes to search for any untruth but found none.
"I don't know of your kind." She smiled a little at his unknowingness.
"We were gone before you were born son of Thranduil..." he looked up at the mention of his fathers name.
"We fought together once, your father and I... your mother too." He stirred at the mention of his mother and his mind had debunked any idea of me being a foe to be afeared.
"She was one of the best elven warriors to have ever lived... and you're the spitting image of her."

"What happened to her-..." he was cut off when the booming sound of drums had awoken us back to the mission. We gently raised ourselves to look over the high rocks and what we saw sent a shockwave of fear through my skull. A build up of saliva and sickness held the back of my head captive like the weight of a thousand bricks were resting on my shoulders.

"Gundabad orcs... they plan to march on the mountain." She muttered before shutting her eyes and trying to link her eyes with any of those present amongst the people of Laketown. "Your father is in Dale... with an army..."

"It's a trap."

"Azog the Defiler also advances... they plan to engage the armies and then these orcs sweep in from the North..."
"to finish it." He ended and I confirmed it with a stiff nod, before he helped me up as we made our way to the horse.
"We must warn them..." I agreed as we mounted the white stallion and began riding as fast as we could towards the lonely mountain.

——————————————————

When we arrived, we saw the elves and dwarves battling the orcs in unity, though it was clear they were already struggling.
"Gandalf!" Legolas yelled to the bearded man dressed all in grey. He turned, sword in hand and muttered under his breath the name of the woodland elf as he dismounted the horse. The sight of me, that had sat behind Legolas had stopped Gandalf in his tracks. He lowered his head immediately in respect and Legolas hadn't pondered over the action.
"There is a second army, Bolg leads an army of Gundabad orcs and they are almost upon us."

I dismounted and only now had I noticed the small hobbit behind the wizard.

Bilbo Baggins.

"This was their plan all along, Azog engaged our forces and Bolg sweeps in from the north."
"They are strong Gandalf." I said, and he nodded before the small half ling looked around in desperation.
"The North, where is the north?"

"Ravenhill." I muttered.

"But Thorin is up there... and Fili and Kili they're all up there." I tried to focus amongst the noise to gain an eyesight at the top of the hill where the small band of dwarves headed.
"Azog means to trap them... to end the line of Durin... he is beginning with the youngest." I murmured and they turned to look at me.

I attempted to focus once again but a sudden ringing in my ear stopped me and I almost fainted upon realising that the one ring was in the immediate vicinity. It couldn't have been Gandalf nor Legolas and that left only one. Upon entering his mind, I could feel the stress and emotion of worry as he thought of Thorin and the others being in danger.

'You have it Bilbo... I know the secret that you hold in your pocket.' He turned to look at me and before I knew it I was encased in a vivid vision of the eye of Sauron. His wretched voice burned my heart and made me choke on bile that had risen in my throat. I stumbled back and before I could collide with the ground, I was pulled back up again by the quick paced ellon.
"Thank you."
"Are you alright?" He stepped closer, suddenly making the seemingly simple saving become intimate.
"I saw something I wished to have erased." I looked over and saw that the hobbit had disappeared and knew immediately how such trickery had been executed.

"We must get to Ravenhill." I muttered to the prince, taking my hands from his as they had been left there when he bought me back to stand. We walked through Dale quickly but upon seeing Tauriel. confronting Thranduil with a broken bow which he had destroyed.

Legolas immediately stepped in.

I had been so taken aback by seeing the Elven king I couldn't seem to stand. The memories of us fighting together and our people intergrating as one was a happier time where darkness had been pushed back underground by all races joining together as one. It seemed otherworldly for such a thing to happen again, but here we stood where men, elf and dwarf fought as one. I hadn't heard what had been said but Tauriel came toward me and saw how I was close to fainting from nostalgic reminders of a time I wished could be repeated.

"We must go... we have to save the dwarves. It may be our only chance at peace across middle earth." I said before standing and removing my cloak and summoning a marvellous, but temporary blade as my assistance.

"For Middle Earth."