30: A Claim

Bucky felt like he walking around in a dream the first time he went to Camp HalfBlood. There were so many kids, and teens. There was a centaur, and this guy called 'Grover' who had goat legs.

There were angry campers running around chasing blondes as they yelled out rhymes. He was pretty sure for a second he saw two kids with a landmine, but when he took a double-take, they were gone. There was a metal dragon just hanging out. 

There were half-goat people and campers making freaking strawberries grow. There was a lava- climbing wall thing. There was a winged horse running right for him.

Oh, no, right at Percy.

Donuts?  He heard in his head.

"Yeah, buddy, I brought you donuts." Percy said. "I promised I would, didn't I?"

You're the best, Boss. Who's this guy? The black winged horse looked at Bucky.

"Oh, Blackjack, this is Bucky. Bucky, this is Blackjack." Percy said. Then his head tilted like a confused dog. "Oh. I forgot to tell you that we could talk to horses, didn't I?"

"Convenient thing to forget." Bucky said, eyes wide.

I am not a horse. Blackjack said indignantly, his feathers ruffling.

"No shit, Sherlock." Percy said.

Fuck off, Watson. Blackjack replied.

"Wow, okay. I'll just leave these here for you." Percy said, and left the donuts before continuing on.

It all felt very surreal. 

Clarisse was interesting. "Came back to us, huh, Prissy?"

"Yeah, yeah. I know I was stupid." Percy replied.

"So, you found another mortal?" Clarisse said, jerking her chin toward Bucky.

"Actually, he's one of us." Percy grinned.

"Really? But he's old." She frowned.

"You have no idea." Bucky sighed.

"Yeah, he's older than Nico." Percy grinned.

Clarisse recoiled. "What?" 

"Sergeant James Barnes, 107th. Born March 1917." Bucky introduced.

Clarisse remained silent for a minute. "What year did you say?"

"1917."

"Yeah. Holy schist." Clarisse said. "Parent? Do you know?"

Percy grinned. Clarisse narrowed her eyes.

"Poseidon." Percy whispered.

"What the Hades?" Clarisse demanded. "Do you guys grow on trees now or something?"

Percy laughed, while Bucky stood there not knowing what to do.

Clarisse then took a moment to give Bucky a once-over. "Ditch the gloves, or they'll get ruined." She advised.

"Uh." Bucky voiced, before sighing. He pulled off the glove on his normal hand first, and then the one from his metal hand.

"Prosthetic?" Clarisse asked, eyebrow raised.

Bucky made a fist, the metal moving in a complex manner.

Clarisse's eyes widened. "I take it back, put the glove on, fast. Cabin nine sees that and it's gone."

"Appreciate the tip." Bucky said as he tugged his glove on again. "Who's cabin nine?"

"Hephaestus. Forge. They work with metal and mechanics." Percy explained.