t h r e e

Wednesday.

It was only Wednesday.

Aurora quickly ran as fast as she could in her heels through the double doors of Smith Architects.

"Good morning Ms. Young," called out an amused voice.

Aurora gave the receptionist a playful glare. "Yeah, yeah good morning to you too Patty."

"Running late again Ms. Young?" Asked David, the security guard as he stood next to the gate.

"Not you too David," groaned Aurora as she hastily took her company ID card out from her purse. She swiped it on the pad sitting on top of the gate. There was a beep before the gate opened to let Aurora in. "I'll see you guys later."

Aurora walked towards the elevator, pressing the up button. A ding was heard and the doors immediately opened. Aurora made her way into the elevator, finally being able to catch her breath.

When she had woken up that morning, she had wished it was the weekend. To her disappointment, it was only Wednesday.

Her alarm rang at 8AM, but of course she hit the snooze button a couple times because who wouldn't hit the snooze button. Before she knew it, it was 8:30. Since she had to get to work by 10 AM, her alarm had to be set for 8. Aurora felt like she was in school all over again, needing 2 hours in the morning to get ready.

Noticing the time, she took a brisk shower and began to get ready. In the middle of her hurry, she managed to bang her elbow on the edge of her vanity and stub her toe on the foot of her bed.

She hate mornings.

And it was only Wednesday.

While letting her hair air dry, she quickly did her skincare routine and makeup. Her acne had thankfully disappeared when she hit 21, which was due to the routine she religiously stuck by daily. No matter how tired she was, she always remembered her skincare routine.

Her makeup look for work was quite simple compared to what she did back in college, which made things a lot easier and quicker for her. However, today was just not her day. As she was trying to stick her lashes on, she accidentally poked her eyes, causing them to tear up. She had to quickly blink away her tears before they smudged her eyeliner.

And then of course, her lashes just would not stick, causing Aurora to become even more frustrated. You would think that applying lashes almost everyday for the past 6 years would make someone a professional at this. But nope, the lashes never listen, especially when you're in a rush.

Glancing at the time, Aurora quickly straightened her long hair, letting it down loose. Growing up, she had always gotten compliments on her long and healthy hair. She had naturally dark brown locks, but during her time in college, she had gotten grey highlights. Now the grey locks had faded and she had no time to get the redone.

It was 9:30 when she finally finished doing her makeup and hair, which took longer than usual. She was never good at doing things under pressure.

Sprinting to the closet, Aurora quickly put on a fitted rust colored long sleeved shirt and tucked it into a dark grey plaid high waisted pencil skirt that stopped around mid thigh. She put on a long cream colored coat that almost reached her knees. Despite her firm being quite lenient with their dress code, Aurora still loved dressing up, even though her attire was still semi-casual.