Chapter Thirty-One

Harry sighed into the crisp morning air of the winter as he waited for Draco to return with the car.  Emerald green eyes closed in thought as the dark-haired Omega went through today's schedule one more time.  The call from his uncle last night had ruined the festivities and Harry's plan to finally be claimed by the silvery-blond Alpha.  Vernon had told the dark-haired Omega to come and get his belongings out of his house; the human sounded rather upset that Harry hadn't said he wasn't returning for Christmas break.  That part confused the dark-haired Omega after suffering years of abuse at the hands of the Dursley's he couldn't imagine why they'd care if he just up and vanished.  At least Harry actually had somewhere to stay after the school year was over with, but he'd be lying if he didn't say he wasn't looking forward to the final farewell between his uncle, aunt, and cousin.  At least when they returned to Malfoy manor Hermione and Ron would be ready to begin celebrating Christmas together.  If only Lycanthropes didn't have to a three-day period after being claimed to be alone with their mates, then Harry could've been claimed last night.  Draco had warned him how his instincts wouldn't let him leave whatever area he'd claimed in for three days, so they'd decided to wait until Christmas night to do it.  Just three more days is all Harry had to wait and he his prat of a silvery-blond Alpha would be officially bonded.    The steady thrum and hum of an engine caused the dark-haired Omega to open his eyes and smile down at the driveway as the all silver truck pulled up.  Harry was quick to descend down the stairs and open the passenger door and get into the already warm truck. 

    "No sports car?"  Harry joked at his Alpha as he cast a thankful gaze towards Draco who smiled in return.  A large pale hand was quick to grip onto the dark-haired Omega's thigh lovingly as Draco pulled the truck out of the driveway and onto the main road.

    "Not when we're moving furniture," Draco explained keeping his light grey eyes locked onto the windshield as he drove towards the freeway. 

    "I'm surprised you offered to go that far into the human world just to help me pack up my room."  Harry was quick to force a laugh despite the uncomfortable thought of how the silvery-blond Alpha would judge his hovel of a room at the Dursley's.  The dark-haired Omega hoped Draco wouldn't act standoffishly once he saw how Harry was raised.  It wasn't like the dark-haired Omega had a choice to grow up with humans who refused to accept him as one of their own because of what his parents were.  Hell, Harry couldn't imagine the look on Vernon's rotund face when he found his nephew was the first male Omega in over a decade.  Harry was surprised they even understood secondary genders that well, but he knew his family wouldn't be happy at his relationship with Draco and his secondary gender. 

   "I wasn't going to let my mate go somewhere that made him so restless by himself."  Draco's tender tone pulled the dark-haired Omega out of his thoughts as the silvery-blond Alpha merged onto the interstate.  Harry turned to look at Draco's focused expression intently and lifted a hand to ruffle the silvery-blond tresses sweetly.  A small smile made its way onto both of their faces as the Alpha Lycanthrope gently leaned into the dark-haired Omega's touch as much as he could while maintaining a good bit of his attention on the road ahead of him.  "Wanna tell me what's gotten you so upset? After you've buckled up."  The silvery-blond Alpha's tone was full of mock threat as he quickly cast a warning glare at Harry with one silvery-blond brow quirked up in question.  The dark-haired Omega grumbled annoyedly to himself before he quickly buckled up and his emerald green hued eyes glued onto the window watching the other cars zoom by.

   "Its nothing," Harry was quick to lie not wanting Draco to go into this situation with vengeance in mind.  If the silvery-blond Alpha knew about the abuse, there's no way of knowing how well he'd be able to control his emotions and not loose himself into his Lycanthrope side.  Draco's growl was soft, but it still caused a slight shiver to run down the dark-haired Omega's spine as he turned his green gaze back onto the silvery-blond's face.  The Alpha's brows were knitted together tightly in annoyance at the obvious lie he'd just been fed by Harry.