-twenty three-

Christina and Tris had ended up overpowering Molly and taking the flag - ending the game with Four's team winning.

Peter blamed Annabelle and didn't stop letting her know as everyone regrouped to make their way back to the Dauntless compound. However, he didn't tell anyone else about how she technically betrayed her team resulting in their loss. Anna was grateful for that, who knew what her teams reaction would be if they found out, Eric might've cut her right there and then.

Annabelle eventually ended up walking on her own enjoying the cold night breeze. Yet her loneliness was interrupted by Uriah jogging up to her side.

"Hey, my Juliet," He said, wrapping his arm around her shoulder and giving her squeeze. The pressure made Annabelle wince, her whole body still aching, she hoped Uriah hadn't noticed - she didn't need nor want people questioning if she was okay. When she looked up at him with a smile, he grinned in return and to Anna that meant he hadn't seen her pain.

"What do you need, my Romeo?" She questioned in response, going along with his joke from the train earlier.

"There's a initiation ritual, me, Mar, Lynn and even Tris are going to do, and I was wondering if you'd care to join us?"

"What actually is it?"

"That would ruin the surprise," He said rolling his eyes and pouting at the girl who looked unimpressed.

"I got beat up today, Uri," Annabelle stated bluntly, Uriah's eyes softened but when he was about to speak Anna cut him off, "I'm fine before you ask, but I don't think doing some ritual - especially a Dauntless one - would help with the aftermath,"

"Zeke says it's one of the best things he's ever done," Uriah continued, trying to convince his friend, knowing it'd be more fun with her there, his voice full of excitement.

"Zeke's a compulsive liar," Anna chuckled, Uriah following suit, "So I'll pass,"

"Suit yourself, baby," Uriah said, giving her shoulder a squeeze yet again, lighter than the first time now knowing she could be in pain, before letting her go and walking off backwards continuing to give her a sad longing look.

Annabelle rolled her eyes, continuing to walk, only to be joined by another friend.

"I didn't know you had Dauntless-born friends," Tobias said, as he walked along side the girl.

"I met them on the train, haven't been able to shake them since - especially Uriah," Annabelle replied laughing lightly. Tobias' eyes widened in realisation of what that meant, Annabelle had been on the train with the Dauntless born who'd been jumping on the trains for as long as they could remember.

"Why wouldn't you want to go?" Tobias said, genuinely curious as to the real reason why she would pass up the opportunity for a fun adventure.

Annabelle sighed, "I just wanna go back to the compound and sleep. I've never been so exhausted in my life,"

"That's understandable," He replied, "It's a zip line you know, through the city?"

"Why don't you join them?" Annabelle asked, he seemed like the type that would enjoy something like that, especially if Zeke did.

Tobias looked down at Annabelle, who looked back up at him, curiosity gracing her features. He pursed his lips, he trusted Anna, so why was he questioning opening up to the girl. She already knew one of his greatest secrets and fears, no harm would come from telling her another. "I'm scared of heights,"

Af if not even phased by his revelation, Annabelle nodded in understanding. She wasn't like everyone else - shocked the cold brooding instructor had such a mundane fear. She understood that everyone was afraid of something, she also felt like acknowledging a fear was just as brave as overcoming it. Tobias knew this about her, her nonchalant reaction reminded the older boy why he had openly accepted her as a friend two years ago before her left Abnegation. She was unlike anyone he'd ever met and that was refreshing to the 16 year old boy who needed a difference made in his life.