8| "You better watch what the fuck you say to me, Rafe"

I realized that I left JJ and them by themselves at the movie and I slowly made my way back. Rafe's words wouldn't leave my mind and I constantly questioned my importance to the group but I know I need to just push that to the side. Even if they're fake friends I still don't want them to get jumped by Topper and his boys. I walked past Rafe and Topper but didn't even glance at them. I went straight back to where my friends were sitting.

JJ and Pope immediately started to whisper yell at me about leaving them and I just rolled my eyes. "I was just trying to get them to leave but they're determined to beat your ass" I mumbled and Pope started freaking out.
"But I have to pee so bad. I can't hold it anymore" he complained and I laughed at his childishness. It's very clear to me that Pope is an actually good guy and definitely a good friend. I just have to decide if the others are too.
"Then go to the bathroom, Pope. I know this sucks and it's scary but it's time to be brave" I teased him and he nodded slowly, "you're right. I got this"

JJ took Pope to behind the projector to take a piss since the kooks were blocking the actual bathrooms. I watched as Rafe and Topper split up and both followed them from both sides so they wouldn't be able to escape. I grabbed JJ's bag and prayed to God he had the gun on him. "Damn it" I muttered to myself when I saw that it was still in the bag. It took me a few minutes to get the gun in my waistline without looking suspicious or anyone noticing. I crouched down as I walked out of the crowd and tried not to block the screen for them. Kie followed behind me but went the other way like Topper did.

When we got behind the screen, one of Rafe's friends; Kelce, was holding JJ's arms behind his back as Rafe continuously punched and kicked him.
Pope was fighting with Topper and they both were getting solid punches in. Kie jumped on Topper's back and was trying to get him away from Pope.
I decided it wasn't the best idea to bring the gun out immediately and that I should just try and stop them without it first. I grabbed Rafe by his shirt and yanked him away from JJ. He turned to push me back but I punched him in the jaw and he stumbled slightly. "You bitch!" he muttered as he ran at me and tackled me to the ground. I groaned in pain when the gun dug into my side and I prayed the safety wouldn't come off from all this movement. He sat on my stomach and was grabbing my hands when I tried to hit him or push him off. He was laughing like a total asshole and he punched me in the face which shocked me. Rafe is a total douche bag who rapes girls and does drugs but I've never seen him hit a girl.

Heat hit my skin and a red glow came from the projector. The fire distracted Rafe long enough for me to push him off. When he tried to run back at me I pulled the gun out and held it in his face with an expressionless glare. His eyes widened as he put his hands up and slowly started to back away. When Topper noticed the gun he followed after him. "You better watch what the fuck you say to me, Rafe! Next time I won't hesitate to pull this fucking trigger! I'll kill your rapist, douche ass real quick! Don't you ever disrespect me like that again!" I screamed at him and he ran away with Topper. I dropped the gun in the grass and tried to steady my shaky breath and hands. I didn't even take the safety off because I hoped he'd get the memo and leave without a fight. I would've killed him easily though if he tried anything. I dropped to the ground and covered my face with my hands. I sobbed quietly and I felt arms wrap around my body. They lifted me up and carried me as they walked. I looked up and it was JJ which caused me to feel mixed emotions.

He separated from Kie and Pope and took me toward my house. I hit his chest slightly so he'd look at me and he stopped walking. "I can walk" I mumbled and he nodded as he set me down on my feet. He had blood all over his shirt and multiple bruises on his face. I took his hand in mine and we walked to my house in the dark. I quietly led him up the stairs and to my room and decided I wasn't going to try and say hi to my dad. He'd accuse me of all sorts of things and yell at me for being gone for two whole days.

I led JJ into my bathroom and told him to sit on the counter. I grabbed a few rags from under the sink and some antibiotics from the drawers. I soaked one of the rags in water and rung it out before I pressed it to his face softly. He winced and moved his head away from the rag but moved back after a second. I gently cleaned his face. All he had was a busted lip, a small bruise on his face, and probably some on his chest. I could see him shifting uncomfortably as he tried to sit in a non-painful way. I touched his arm with my fingertips and he looked up at me. "Let me see" I whispered softly since we were only inches apart. He nodded slowly and carefully started to take his shirt off. He winced in pain and I grabbed his shirt and helped him take it off easier. He muttered a 'thank you' as I looked at the bruise on his chest. It wasn't that bad but it looked like it hurt. I ran my finger over it and I could kind of feel his heartbeat. I pressed the palm of my hand against his chest and now I could feel it much clearer. It was beating really fast. Rafe's words went through my mind but I pushed them away. The Pogues are my family and I know JJ isn't just trying to get in my pants. He's a good guy and I really like him.

His breathing was shaky as my hand was pressed against his chest. I looked up to see that he was already staring at me. 

"all that blood looks good on you. It really brings out your eyes" I whispered nervously as I moved my hand away from his chest.  He didn't hesitate to kiss me back and he put one of his hands on my waist and the other on the side of my face. I ran my hands slowly up to his neck just barely touching the skin. I could feel the goosebumps forming from my soft touch and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I pressed my body against him and he deepened the kiss. I could taste the blood from his cut but I didn't care at all and neither did he. He moved off the counter and lifted me up so he could put me on the counter. I laughed softly at the gesture and we continued to kiss each other. We made out on the counter for a while before he lifted me off the counter and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He carried me into my room and set me down on my bed. He crawled on top of me and I grabbed the bottom of his shirt. I lifted it over his head and threw it to the side as he went to pull my dress off. He threw it to the side and he pulled away from me to look at my body. I started to feel self-conscious and moved my arm over my chest. He took my arm and moved it away as he made eye contact with me, "you're so fucking beautiful" he said in awe and I felt heat rise to my face as a smile spread on my face. He lowered himself back down and he kissed down my jaw and sucked on my neck. I closed my eyes and moved my head to the side to give him more access. I groaned softly when he sucked on a specific spot and I could feel him smile against my skin as he sucked on that spot harder. I moaned as he left kisses along my neck and nibbled on my skin as goosebumps began to form. I closed my eyes but immediately shot them open when his kisses started to feel like Rafe's. I pushed his head away from me slightly and he moved up so he could look at me, "What?"

"I can't. Not this fast" I mumbled and he nodded softly which made me feel good. He didn't push or try and convince me to do something. "You still wanna know all about me?" I asked as I grabbed his shirt off the floor. I put it over my head and took in his scent. He nodded softly as he turned the light off so we only had some lighting from fairy lights. He smiled.

"I have a lot of questions. First I wanna know about when you got shot. What happened?" He asked and I sighed.

"I was thirteen the first time and I was on a hunting trip with my dad. I got mad that he was gonna kill a deer so I ran in front of it like a dumb ass. Got shot on my side but it went all the way through which is good I guess. Then the second time was when I turned fifteen. I was just going through a lot so I was just done... that's why I stole the guns. Wasn't because when he shot me it was because I didn't know which one I should use on myself. I tried to do it with a random one but I flinched.. barely fucking grazed my head" I sighed. It was a sad memory.

"Don't ever try and do that again. We can't lose you... I can't loose you" he reassured and I snuggled into his chest.

"Rafe.. he said some stuff before you and Kie came behind the projector. Can you explain?" He hesitantly asked. I closed my eyes and nodded, "At the beginning of Summer, I went to a party with Topper and Rafe, got pretty shit faced. Rafe slipped something in my drink and he... took advantage of me while I was passed out" I said with a soft sob. I always wanted my first time to be at a special place with a special boy who I loved. I didn't want to do random hookups I just wanted to wait till I found the right person but he took that away from me. He tensed up when I finished talking, "I'm gonna kill that douche bag" he muttered angrily and I laughed slightly as I moved away enough to look at him. I kissed his cheek softly and he wrapped his arms around my body. "Good night" I whispered as he closed his eyes and we both fell asleep.