39~ Apples & Oranges & Bananas, Oh My!

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"THIS. IS. SPARTA!!"

A loud crash shattered you into the waking world.

Sunlight stabbed your eyes as you slowly sat up, groaning. Your head pounded like a host of war drums.

It took you a solid six seconds to remember everything, every second bringing another memory:

One. You were back at your apartment.

Two. Your dad was okay and healing.

Three. You'd had a nightmare last night.

Four. You'd been practically brain washed because of the Mark of Poseidon.

Five. Jungkook had stopped you in the nick of time.

Six. Now there were seven demigods under your roof... and it sounded like the horsemen of the apocalypse had entered the place as another loud clatter of metal and shouts erupted down the hall.

You kicked off the covers and staggered upright. The motion made your head swim. If it hadn't been for your growing fear of the destruction that lay beyond the safety of your bedroom you might've laid back down.

Gritting your teeth you made for the door. The moment you opened that door, the sounds from kitchen came flooding to your senses ten times louder.

"Take this, gorgon-ridden clotpole!"

"Every time you speak, I feel my braincells committing suicide one by one!"

"Your braincells all committed suicide the day you were born!"

When you reached the main room with the kitchen you came to a screeching halt. The kitchen was a battlefield. Half the demigods were crouched behind the counter while the other half sheltered in the kitchen itself.

All of them wore pots and pans and other kitchenware over their heads like helmets. They were all armed with fruit: apples, oranges, and bananas. You instinctively looked over to where your fruit basket usually sat on the counter. It was upturned and empty.

Bewildered, you stared speechlessly when one of the demigods in the kitchen, no other than Jungkook himself, released a war cry. He leapt to his feet and hurled an orange at one of the sheltering Olympians across the counter.

The fruit splattered atop a saucepan helmet with a resonating echo and sprayed everywhere.

The bearer of the saucepan helmet cried out in distress and disappeared beneath the counter entirely. As soon as the saucepan head disappeared, a mixing bowl head (Hoseok) shot up and launched a banana back at Jungkook.

"You want a banana? Take a banana!" Hoseok shrieked before ducking for cover as a new wave of assailing oranges and apples shot directly at his face.