BTS V | Träumerei

At some point you'd probably take everything for granted.
Being able to ask for pretty much anything you ever wanted: clothes, tech stuff, holiday destinations, meeting people like James Corden. The list goes on and on.

But for now, while it was still somewhat new, (but not that new, that you were afraid to take Tae up on his promise to get you anything you wanted) you'd still marvel at everything that was possible for you now.

So coming home late, kicking off your shoes, walking around the corner and seeing a Steinway standing in the living room, was one of those things.
Your heart still fluttered gently at the sight.

Before you sat down to play though, you got yourself something warm to drink and left your cup standing on the table next to the piano. Too impatient to change into something more comfortable, you simply got rid of your shirt and sat topless and barefoot at the piano.

After a stressful day at work you greedily inhaled the smell of the piano, the wood was still new and hadn't lost it's scent yet.
It never failed to calm you down.

You lifted the fall board and laid your fingers on the keys, just letting them rest there for a second, before starting to play.

To warm yourself up, you played parts of Tchaikovsky's Waltz of the Flowers, before you could get to the piece you actually wanted to play.

Playing Schumann had always been special to you, but even the first note of Träumerei made you so incredibly nostalgic, melancholic and lighthearted at the same time.
The piece never failed to completely engulf you into it's melody; the way of playing it and the familiar pinch in your chest.

Trying to keep your focus on the piece, as it looks way easier than it really is, you closed your eyes and barely acknowledged your boyfriend coming home. Just half an hour after you.

Only as you played the last note, you slowly raised your head again and opened your eyes, when Tae wrapped his arms around your shoulders.

"That was beautiful."
You let out a soft huff and gave a shy smile.
"I didn't know you could play that. Did you know it was one of my favourites?"

"No", you answered truthfully. You hadn't known that, but it was also one of your favourites.
"My grandpa used to play it all the time... it makes me feel like he's still around and as if I could float away with him, go wherever he is right now.
I know everything will be alright. Like nothing matters, as long as I can still play this piece."

You laid your palm, over his entertwined hands, that rested on your chest.

"Will you play it again, for me?"

His request made your heart swell a bit, your smile growing as you nodded.
Before he went to sit down on the couch, he stole a quick kiss, then planted one on your temple and finally went to settle on the couch.

* (A/N)
I literally just wanted to watch Horowitz perform Schumann's "Träumerei", when suddenly the whole comment section was flooded with comments about V recommending/mentioning it on weverse... can't say I was happy about that, as I was looking for some opinions about the piece rather than comments like "who else came from weverse", but at least I got something to write about again :D

May I recommend you to listen to both pieces mentioned in this one shot, both are one of my all time favourites and I think everyone should at least know "Träumerei" (I'm sure Tae would agree with me there) ; )