Chapter 6 - Like a Rock Show!

~Cliff Side~

They quickly run down the hill with Spinel following close behind. Once they enter Beach City the citizens are seen crowded together staring at the giant injector and what it's doing to the ground around it. Y/N starting to think to himself, "What was Spinel's motives for doing this? Something bad must have happened in her past. And... why did I feel like that when I saw her cry? Why did I open up to her!?  After what she did to the gems and what she is doing to the Earth I should be furious with her, but I'm not. Why?" They ran through the crowd and came across Mayor Nanefua.

Nanefua: Steven! What is going on here?

Steven: I'm not sure but I'll find out. Let's open the shelters. We might need to evacuate the town. 

The three continue their way to the injector. They run up the hillside to find Peridot, Bismuth, and Lapis already there working on the gem device.

Y/N: Oh thank the stars you guys are already here! Anything new?

Amethyst: Yeah, what's the damage?

Peridot: Amethyst, get away from me! *she looks away and tries to shun Amethyst away* I can't stand to see you all vacant and bereft of personality.

Amethyst: *crosses her arms annoyed* Yo, I'm back, you dip.

Peridot: Oh!... Well, you're just in time for the end of the world! This is a no-ordinary Injector. Whatever it's leaking into the ground is toxic. Let's get a scan going and see what we're dealing with. 

bismuth walks up to them holding a shovel of soil which Peridot bubbles. She then places the sample into a microwave, presses the Popcorn button, and an analysis paper prints out on the side. She grabs it and reads the results.

Peridot: Hmm. Just as I thought.

Y/N: What is it?

Peridot brings out her tablet and shows the group a scan of the injector.

Peridot: Bio-poison, pure and uncut. *the tablet then transfers the schematic to a bigger monitor* As of this moment, the ampule has drained 15.4% of its contents, meaning the poison is releasing at a destruction rate of 5 cubic meters per hour, giving us, hmmm... 41 hours until the destruction of all organic life on Earth.

Steven: "All organic life"?

Peridot: Yeah, like all the animals, the plants, the insects. You know... People.

Steven's face lit up with shock and fear.

Spinel: Y/N? Is that bad?

Y/N: *tries his best to be composed* Yeah...Yeah it is.

Steven: Oh no... This is what Spinel meant: "Your human half won't stand a chance against my Injector." She- She brought this thing here to kill me, and now- now it's gonna kill everything else on Earth too?! I've gotta do something! *Steven runs towards the Injector and grabs one of its legs*

Bismuth: Steven, no, wait!!

Peridot: Steven stop!

Y/N: Dude! what the hell are you doing!

Steven's gem begins to glow as he begins to lift the injector out of the ground.

Steven: SUPER. STEVEN. STRENGTH! 

Peridot: What is that clod THINKING!?!?

Amethyst: Careful!

Spinel: Lift with your legs!!

Y/N: Spinel please don't encourage him!

 Steven begins to struggle. His gem starts to flicker with light but then fade. Steven loses grip on the Injector and dropping it back into the ground causing everyone to stumbles off balance, and some of the poison to splash out spilling a drop onto Steven's arm. Steven groans in pain as he sees the poison has burned through his jacket sleeve, leaving noticeable burn wounds on his arm. The ground then splits open underneath Steven, revealing a stream of poison inside.