e i g h t

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

e i g h t

"I wouldn't know what to do," she admits to them, arms folding before her. Uriah shrugs.

"What better way to learn how to be a Queen, than by actually doing it? Micajah had the luxury of being taught how to do this, you unfortunately don't. Come on, they're waiting," Uriah usher's her.

"Give me a moment," her tone is dry, before closing the door and pulling some dark grey sweats, to match with her grey hoodie. She wasn't going to change into something formal – comfort was her only priority. It's not like anyone could say anything either now.

She opens the door to the waiting males, waiting for them to lead the way, walking in between the gamma and the beta. Her wolf stands tall and proud. Adah isn't as confident, her heart beating a little faster with every moment. Worst possible scenarios flooded her mind. What would she even do in this meeting? What if she acted a fool? What if she wasn't what a Queen was meant to be like? What is it even about? She pondered on whether she should ask the gamma or beta, but she didn't feel like opening her mouth. She'd find out soon anyway.

"Yo," she looks up in surprise from the remark that came from Uriah, his form relaxed. Every encounter they have, he just becomes more and more himself, formalities slipping.

"I can feel you stressing from here. No one is expecting you to be the perfect embodiment of the monarch at this current moment. And it's our pack only. It'll be chill" he mutters, and Adah just sighs in response. She catches Jayden's eyes, and he gives her a timid, encouraging smile.

They room isn't that vast thankfully, but Adah doesn't know if it makes it better or worse. There are about 8 males currently sitting around a table, that is dark in colour. Eight pairs of eyes fall upon her instantly, and she's taken aback. Her wolf doesn't let her eyes shift down though, meeting each wolf with a narrowed and curious look. Her eyes heed to the other end of the room, the bond humming.

The King is sat, brooding. His silver eyes are as light as ever, with a menacing glint. His features are stoic, and expressionless. His hair is messy, the dark thick locks falling onto his forehead, and he adorns the thick-rimmed glasses. His form isn't tense – for once. If anything, he seems at ease, as does the wolf within him. He is with his own people after all. It's not the case for all the other wolves though, some of them are on edge with the King.

Adah doesn't blame them. He looks terrifying in a way that isn't explainable. The way he carries himself, the way his eyes flicker. He doesn't seem humane, he seems like a being that is out of the world. It's his eyes she decide. The eyes show everything. His eyes are so intense all the time, because his wolf is constantly with him, by side.

His eyes flicker up to hers, and a light grows hot in Adah, the bond weaning between them.

"Adah," his voice is velvet, deep and resonating with dark power. The wolf within has his eyes only on her.

"My queen, come join us," his eyes darken ever so slightly, the wolf within him smirking.

Adah grows hot, and heads over to the chair empty on his left, taking a seat without returning the gaze she receives. Uriah and Jayden take their rightful seats too. Uriah will always be to the right of the King, and Jayden always to Adah's left.

The table is quiet, eyes flickering between the King and Queen. Adah wants to curl up into the corner behind her – her safe space- but she was in the spotlight now, she could not afford to act weak. Wolves were social – the fact that Adah wasn't- was a poise of weakness. She sits straight, her face expressionless and her eyes dark and doting. She pulls her curls up into a high ponytail.